The Ashly RPOE-1 provides Power Over Ethernet (PoE) for the neWR-5, FR-8, and FR-
16 networked remotes. The PoE standard (IEEE 802.3af) is designed to transmit data
and power to devices over a single wired network connection. It is inserted between
the Ethernet switch and the remote device. If the network switch already provides
PoE on the port used for the remote device, then no PoE injector is necessary.
However if there is no PoE available, a PoE injector can provide power to the remote
control device while still using the non-PoE switch. Note: The neWR-5 can also be
powered directly using a qualifying DC supply, see manual for details.
To use the RPOE-1 PoE injector, follow these steps:
- Wire a network switch data output port to the RPOE-1 RJ-45 jack.
- Wire the RPOE-1 jack to the Ashly remote.
- Connect AC power to the RPOE-1, then Use Proteane Software to configure the
Maximum Ethernet cable length is 100 meters. The RPOE-1 is fully compatible with
Class 1 IEEE 802.3af PoE.
- 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 0.5A maximum
- 48VDC output, 24 Watts
- Light Weight: 145g
- Efficiency Over 75%
- Over-Voltage Protection
- Short-circuit Protection
- Protection Type: Auto-Recover
- Operating Temperature -10°C~55C°
- Compliance: Cispr 22’B’, Vcci’B’, Fcc’B’,