The Ocean Matrix SW8X8 is a high performance, 8x8 vertical interval matrix switcher for composite video and stereo audio signals. It is a true matrix, allowing the user to route any input to any or all outputs simultaneously. Since the machine switches during the vertical interval, transitions are glitch-free when sources share a common reference sync. There are many updated features on these popular designs including audio breakaway, which provides the ability to switch audio independently from video. Eight preset memory locations are provided for quick access to common configurations.
The TAKE button allows the user to place multiple switches in a queue, and then activate them with one touch of this button or a single serial command. Control software is included for applications where a Windows based PC is used to control the OMX-SW8X8. There are a total of three ways to control the machines: front-panel buttons, RS-232, and RS-485. The OMX-SW8X8 is dependable, rugged, and fit in two vertical spaces of a standard 19" rack. Video bandwidth of 200MHz ensures that the machine remains transparent even in the most critical applications.
- Bandwidth - 200MHz (-3dB) fully loaded.
- Control - Front panel, RS-232 (K-RouterT Windowsr - Based Software is included), & RS-485.
- Take Button - Execute multiple switches all at once.
- Memory Locations - Store multiple switches as presets (salvos) to be recalled and executed when needed.
- Audio Breakaway Switching.
- Vertical Interval Switching.
- Switching Synchronization - Synchronize either to external reference or the incoming video.
- Selectable Sync Signal Termination.
- Standard 19" Rack Mount Size - 2U.
- INPUTS: 8 composite video, 1Vpp/75 Ohms on BNC connectors.1 Sync/Video Genlock 1Vpp/75 Ohms with sync select switch. 8 audio stereo, + 4dBm/33K Ohms on RCA connectors.
- OUTPUTS: 8 composite video, 1Vpp/75 Ohms on BNC connectors. 8 audio stereo, + 4dBm/50 Ohms (24Vpp max.) on RCA connectors.
- VIDEO BANDWIDTH (-3dB): 200 MHz.
- AUDIO BANDWIDTH (-3dB): 100 kHz.
- NON LINEARITY: 0.1%.
- VIDEO CROSSTALK: -50dB @ 5MHz.
- DIFF. GAIN: 0.05%.
- DIFF. PHASE: 0.03?.
- K-FACTOR: 0.05%.
- VIDEO S/N: 74dB.
- AUDIO S/N: 88dB unweighted (1Vpp).
- CONTROL: Manual, RS-232 or RS- 485.
- AUDIO THD: 0.16% (1V, 1kHz).
- SWITCHING: Vertical interval.
- POWER SOURCE: 230VAC, 50/60 Hz, (115VAC, U.S.A.), 11 VA.
- DIMENSIONS: 19 inch (W), 7 inch (D), 2U (H) rack mountable.
- WEIGHT: 3.5 kg (7.8lbs) approx.
- ACCESSORIES: Power cord, Windowsr - based control software, Null modem adapter.