The Model VS-2A-PRG is a versatile and compact 2 input x 1 output VGA & audio switch with EDID Programming capabilities. It supports PC resolutions to 1920x1440 or HD resolutions to 1080p. The unit allows one monitor to be switched between two video and audio sources. Input #1 has local loop-thru outputs of audio and video that is perfect for desktop PCs. The switched output can be selected via front panel push-button, through RS-232 serial port, or automatically by scanning and detecting active video on the inputs. In 'Auto' mode, the user can also assign priority to Input #1(or Input #2), whereby if both video inputs are active, Input #1(or Input #2) would have precedence. The switched output can be blanked (with audio muted) or un-blanked via the front panel or through the serial port. Optional rackmount brackets are also available.
This device can also be used to program the default EDID information into any of the Hall Research products that support EDID; such as the EM-EDID-HD15 or Mini-Cat™ Series.
- Reads and Programs EDID information
- Capability to download EDID info from PC into unit
- Allows two video & stereo audio input sources to be switched to one output
- Can be controlled manually by push-button, via Serial port, or by detecting active video input
- Select input 1, input 2, or blank the output
- Auto mode automatically scans and selects the input with active video
- Auto Mode priority can be set for input #1, input #2, or no-priority
- Switched output can be blanked and un-blanked
- Stores the last selection and mode in EEPROM
- Resolutions Supported: PC from VGA to UXGA (640x480 to 1920x1440) HD from 480p to 1080p
- Audio Inputs: PC or Consumer audio (standard line-level)
- Video Level: 0 to 0.7V p-p on RGB, 0 to 5 V for H and V Sync
- Bandwidth: 200 MHz
- Temperature: Operating: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C)
Storage: –40 to +185°F (–40 to +85°C)
- Enclosure: Steel
- Power: 6V center positive, 300 ma DC power adapter for N. America (-U units include Universal power supply 100~240VAC).
- Size: 1.3" (33mm) H x 9" (229mm) W x 2.6" (66mm) D
- Weight: 1.1 pounds (500 grams)
- MTBF: 90,000 hrs (Calculated)