This listing is for RLFDX232M2/24DC (Multimode) Repeater only. Use description below as a general reference.
The ComNet™ RLFDX series of serial data link/repeaters are substation-rated and industrially hardened form, fit, function and completely backwards-compatible replacements for the popular Garrettcom/Dymec 5843, 5844, 5845, and 5846-series of serial data link/repeaters. They are designed for deployment in environments where high levels of electromagnetic noise and interference (EMI) and severe voltage transients and surges are routinely encountered, such as electrical utility substations and switchyards, heavy manufacturing facilities, trackside and roadside electronic equipment, and other difficult out-of-plant applications. Optical connectivity provides significantly extended transmission distances compared to copper media; high levels of electrical isolation; enhanced reliability and protection for peripheral IEDs, RTUs, and other equipment; and operational safety.
The RLFDX series of serial data link/repeaters are easily field-configurable for point-topoint, point-to-multipoint/master-slave, loop, or bus topologies. They may be also used for electrical data protocol conversion: an RLFDX232 RS-232 modem and IED/RTU can communicate directly with an RLFDX485 RS-422/RS-485 modem and IED/RTU. The extremely versatile and simple-to-install RLFDX series is ideal for any mission-critical application where very high levels of reliability and network availability are of the utmost importance.
- Fully electrically, mechanically, and optically identical to and backward-compatible with the Garrettcom/Dymec 5843, 5844, 5845, and 5846 Series. A ComNet RLFDX may directly replace a Dymec unit anywhere within the network.
- Full-duplex, half-duplex, or simplex transmission of RS-232, RS-422, RS-485 2/4-wire data, or TTL logic
- Certified to meet or exceed the requirements of IEEE 1613 Class 2 for electrical utility substations, EN60950 and Class 1, Division 2 (Groups A, B, C, & D) for use in hazardous locations.
- RS-232 Version: DTE/DCE switching
- Diagnostic test mode feature tests the copper and optical connections before the connected IED or RTU is active within the network.
- Extended ambient operating temperature range of -40º to +85º C, with no fan/forced air cooling, for use in virtually any environment
- Optical transmission distances of up to 5 km over multimode fiber; 30 km over single-mode fiber
- +9 to 36 VDC, +/-36 to 59 VDC, or HV AC/DC (+/-88 to 300 VDC/85-264 VAC) operating power options. HV DC input permits operation directly from station battery bus power. 48 VDC and HV models’ DC inputs are isolated from ground, allowing operation from positive or negative DC sources.
- Internal/self-contained high-reliability power supply – a screw terminal block connects directly to the power source for permanent, reliable, and maintenance-free operation
- Status Indicating LEDs confirm operating status of the link for ease in troubleshooting
- Rugged galvannealed and powder-coated panel-mount enclosure
- IP-30 rated for ingress protection (2.5 mm objects)
- Conformal coating of the circuit boards is optionally available, for use in humidity with condensation conditions (extra charge, see ordering information).
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime Warranty
- Electrical substation automation & SCADA networks, protective relaying systems
- Power transmission & distribution systems, remote wind farm, hydroelectric, and solar/photovoltaic power generation facilities, and other electrical utility-specific applications
- Controlled access to electrical substations and power generating facilities, and other high-value, mission-critical sites
- Industrial/Factory Automation & Process Control SCADA Networks
- Chemical and petrochemical refining and processing facilities, oil and gas pipelines/transmission systems, and mining installations
- Food processing operations
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Railway/trackside control and monitoring systems
- ITS/Transportation traffic signalization networks
- Integrated data transmission networks