An infrared (IR) extender system enables you to control your IR remote controlled A/V equipment from a remote location. This enables you to place your A/V components out of sight (behind cabinet doors, in the rear of a room, or in a different room) and still conveniently operate your equipment.
Installed at the equipment location, the MSU480 receives the IR commands transmitted from your existing hand-held remotes in that room. The commands are carried via a small category 5 cable to your A/V equipment in another room, and instantly “repeated”.
The MSU480 is compatible with all current Niles infrared systems. It may be used along with the Niles TS100, MS100, MS200, WS100, MVC100R and CS100 IR sensors or the IntelliPad®.
The model MSU480 is an IR Main System Unit. It is one of three elements that make up an infrared extender system:
- IR Main System Unit—Models MSU140, MSU250, MSU480 and MSU440Z.
- IR Sensors/Keypads—Models WS100, TS100, MS100, MS200, CS100, IntelliPad, MVC100IR.
- IR Flashers—Models MF1, MF2, MF1VF, MF2VF.
An IR sensor expansion unit, Model IRH610, is available for IR repeater systems used in more than six rooms.
- Four Sensor Inputs With Removable Screwless Connectors
- Use With IRH610 (FG01018 To Provide Additional Inputs)
- Eight Flasher Outputs With 3.5mm Flasher Output Jacks
- Low Profile, Small Footprint For Unobtrusive Installation
- Integrated Mounting Wings Accommodate Both Vertical And Horizontal Installation
- UL-listed Regulated In-line Power Supply With Universal Voltage Capability
- 12Volt DC Status Input Jack
- 3.5mm 12Volt Output Jack And Integrated Contact Closure Triggered By The Presence Of Status Or Discrete IR Commands
- MSU480 x1
- Contact Closure Connector x1
- Screwless Connectors x4
- Power Supply x1
- Self-Adhesive Rubber Feet x4