The SoundTube LA880i is not a typical line array column loudspeaker. It is an advanced LAPS (Line Array-Point Source) 3-way design that provides a very short near-field extent and robust far-field performance. Frequency tapering of low and mid frequency pass bands allows the LA880i to maintain a more consistent ratio of array height to radiated wavelength, ensuring a stable vertical beamwidth that outperforms many other single box line arrays. Featuring eight 4.5-inch woofers, eight 2-inch midrange drivers and one 2.5-inch planar magnetics (ribbon) high frequency driver for extremely smooth high frequency response, the LA880i achieves superb coverage in an enclosure measuring only 7.91” x 40.87” x 11.99”.
- Passive, fixed length, column line array with 3-way design.
- Eight 4.5 inch (115 mm) woofers; eight 2.0 inch (55 mm) neodymium-motor midrange drivers; one 2.5 inch (66 mm) planar magnetics (ribbon) high-frequency driver.
- Line Array – Point Source (LAPS) technology provides short near-field extent and robust far-field performance
- Paintable enclosure is constructed of MDF and plywood with metal threaded mounting points.
- Powder coated, paintable steel grille.
- Available in black or white finish.
- Custom woodgrain cabinets or paint finishes available (contact us for details).
- Flexible mounting options include surface-mount, pole-mount, ceiling-mount or suspended (flown). (Allen Products mounting accessories sold separately.)
- Euroblock and SpeakOn connectors allow for fast connections and easy daisy chaining.
- Additional low frequency directivity control with LA808i LFDE.
- UL 1480 UEAY planned.
- Included accessories: safety cable mounting plate and mounting bolts, Euroblock connector, safety cable.
- NOTE: Mounting brackets not included