This listing is for HPS-6 Selector only. Use description below as a general reference.
The HPS series allows you to connect multiple pairs of speakers to your stereo receiver or amplifier and play any one pair, any combination of pairs, or all pairs at once. You don't have to worry about overloading your amplifier. The HPS-4 and HPS-6 have a protection circuit that keeps your amplifier running safely, even if you have all pairs of speakers playing at the same time.
The IRB1 is compatible with all Niles infrared extenders systems, IntelliControl® and MultiZone recivers and preamplifiers.
Balancing Speaker Volume
The volume control on your receiver or amplifier serves as the “master” volume for all speaker pairs connected.
The volume level of the speakers may vary from room to room. This is caused by several factors. Two lesser factors are the size of the speaker and its efficiency. The largest factor is the physical size of the room.
The best way to balance speaker volume is to equip each of the speaker pairs in your system with a Niles volume control. The controls allow you to adjust the volume of each speaker pair individually. If all the speaker pairs in your system are equipped with Niles volume controls, you can leave the amplifier or receiver volume set at one position and use the Niles controls exclusively.
- Power Handling: 250 Watts Per Channel RMS
- Protection Circuit Safeguards Receiver/amplifier
- Separate Left And Right Ground Paths For Compatibility With All Amplifiers
- Rear-panel Switch For Constant Or Selectable Impedance Protection
- Removable Connectors Accommodate Up To 12-gauge Wire
- Rugged All Metal Chassis Construction
- Nonskid Feet Won't Scratch Furniture And Ensure Unit Stability During Operation
- 72 Adhesive-backed Room Identification Labels
- Requires An Amplifier That Is Compatible With A 4 Ohm Load