This product is sold in two configurations:
Unicast Mode (One-to-One):
HDMI-compliant displays can be placed up to 100 feet away (30 meters) from the HDMI source. This solution uses one Sender and one Receiver unit to extend resolutions of 1080p@24 or 1080i@60 along with 5.1-channel digital audio.
Broadcast Mode (One-to-Many):
In Broadcast Mode, multiple GTV-WHDMI-BR (Broadcast Receiver) units can be used to feed an HDMI or DVI signal to multiple displays placed up to 100 feet away (30 meters) from the HDMI source. The HDMI or DVI source cannot be HDCP encrypted but hi-def resolutions to 1080p@24 are still supported. When purchasing a broadcast mode wireless system, the base package includes one Sender and one Receiver. Additional Receivers may be added to the package as needed (up to ten total).
How It Works
The GefenTV Wireless for HDMI Extender uses one Sender unit and one or more Receiver units. A short cable connects the HDMI input of the Sender unit to the HDMI output of an HDMI source. At the display side, a short cable connects the HDMI output of the Receiver unit(s) to the HDMI input of the HDTV display(s). The HDMI signal from the HDMI source travels to the HDMI display(s) over 5 GHz radio waves, and a vibrant and crisp High Definition picture emerges on the HDTV display(s). Two channels of L/R analog audio are available on the output of the Receiver unit for connection to an external amplifier if desired (as RCA jacks).
CEC Protocol Support:This unit passes the CEC protocol.
Multi-channel Audio:Compressed 5.1-channel digital bitstream audio (embedded in HDMI) and 2-channel LPCM analog audio (active on the RCA outputs) are output by each Receiver unit.
Broadcast Mode: HDCP (copy protection encoding) is not supported in Broadcast mode. Unicast mode is fully HDCP compliant (displays must also be HDCP compliant). Up to 256 remote receivers may be active simultaneously. To initiate Unicast and Broadcast modes, Sender and Receiver units need to be placed into the same operational mode (Unicast or Broadcast) for a successful transmission. The power LED will be red (Broadcast) on both Sender and Receiver units after successful Multicast mode setup.
- Fully HDMI and HDCP compliant (Unicast mode only)
- PCM Supported when using HDMI @ 32, 44.1 and 48 KHz
- Real-time compressed audio is embedded within the HDMI output stream
- Dolby™ 5.1 Surround Sound is embedded within the HDMI output stream
- Multiple remote extension locations (up to 256 maximum) when using Broadcast Mode
- CEC protocol pass-through is supported
- Up to 100 feet line-of-sight wireless operation
- Frequency band range: 5.1-5.8 GHz; HDMI v1.2a Compliant
- Resolutions: 640x480, 480i, 480p, 576i, 576p, 800x600, 1024x768, 720p, 1080i and 1080p@30Hz
- Operating temperature: 0 to 50 degrees C
- Operating humidity: 10% to 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- Power Supply / Consumption: 5V DC Universal / 13W max (each power supply)
- Dimensions (Sender & Receiver) : 6.5" W x 1.5" H x 6.5" D
- Dimensions (Plastic Bases, Each) : 3.4" W x 0.8-1.1" H x 8.5" D
- Sender Connectors: HDMI input (Type A 19-pin female)
- Receiver Connectors: HDMI output (Type A 19-pin female), Analog Audio outputs (1 pair Left and Right RCA jacks)
- FCC Compliant Part 15
- Shipping Weight: 10 lbs.
- (1) GefenTV Wireless for HDMI Extender Receiver unit
- (1) 1 5V DC Power Supplies
- (1) 6-foot HDMI Cable (M-M)
- (1) User's Manual