Keep volume at the same levels while watching TV
Annoyed by loud commercials? Enjoy listening to the same volume levels when watching any TV program or during commercials, no matter what is on. The GefenTV Auto Volume Stabilizer with Digital Audio Decoder product serves two functions: it is a high-quality volume stabilizer and also delivers a mixdown from a 5.1 channel to two-channel, Left Right audio using Dolby AC3 decoding. It actually makes the volume adjustments in such a subtle way that you won't even notice the change.
An additional feature includes a bypass button that allows the pass-through of unmodified incoming audio. Using Dolby Volume technology, the unit senses changes in volume levels, and then maintains a steady volume level for any input sound coming from DVD, Blu-ray or other multimedia source. Listen to movies and TV shows easily without the inconvenience of continuously fiddling with the volume levels.
How It Works
Place the GefenTV Auto Volume Stabilizer with Digital Audio Decoder somewhere close to where you want to connect it. Connect the audio source into the back of the unit (either digital audio or analog). Connect the audio output of the unit to an A/V receiver.
Connect the included 5V DC external power supply to the back of the unit. The LED in the front will light up red showing that the unit is in "standby mode." Next push the "Bypass" button or press the "Power" button on the supplied I/R remote control, and the LED next to the "Bypass" button will go out while one of the three audio input LEDs will also light up bright blue. This corresponds to the chosen audio input at the back. Press the audio selector buton at the back of the unit to select the audio input type.
Press the "Bypass" button again. The unit will be in "Bypass" mode; no sound is stabilized, and the bright blue LED next to the "Bypass" button will be lit up. Put the unit in standby mode (using only 1W of power) by holding the "Bypass" button until the LED next to the "Bypass" button lights up red.Note:
The GefenTV Auto Volume Stabilizer with Digital Audio Decoder comes with analog (L/R) and digital (TOSlink, S/PDIF) audio inputs and outputs, and has a selector that determines which audio is stabilized.
- Dolby Volume and Dolby Digital certified
- Prevents fluctuations in audio volume using Dolby Volume technology
- Accepts and outputs 2-channel analog audio
- Accepts and outputs TOSLINK and S/PDIF digital audio
- Accepts Dolby Digital 5.1 and converts it to 2-channel PCM
- Boosts low and high-frequency content dynamically
- Volume Leveler: Enables consistent volume levels at all times between TV channels and between program materials
- Volume Modeler: Delivers the perception of a full-range audio experience at any volume level
- Bypass Mode permits audio to pass through unchanged
- Input: 2-channel analog audio connectors
- Input: S/PDIF coaxial connector
- Input: TOSLINK optical connector
- Output: 2-channel analog audio connectors
- Output: S/PDIF coaxial connector
- Output: TOSLINK optical connector
- Crosstalk: < -90dB
- Max Input Level: 2 Vrms
- Signal to Noise Ratio: > 90dB
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: < 0.001%
- Operating Temp: 0°C ~ 40°C
- Certifications: Dolby Volume, Dolby Digital, UL, CE, EMC, RoHS
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- (1) Auto Volume Stabilizer with Dolby Digital Audio Decoder
- (1) Analog Audio L/R Cable
- (1) 5V DC Power Supply
- (1) IR Remote
- (1) User's Manual