Decode both digital and analog audio from HDMI and S/PDIF in Surround Sound format
The GefenTV Digital Audio Decoder for HDMI decodes multi-channel surround-sound formatted digital audio from any HDMI source, or by using an S/PDIF digital audio source, rather than HDMI audio, if this is preferred. Audio is output simultaneously on digital audio ports (S/PDIF and TOSLINK) and six discrete analog RCA jacks, ready for any amplified sound system.
The HDMI input is mirrored on two HDMI outputs for monitoring. All of this comes in a compact and attractive package that can be placed in almost any location. Control it with IR remote, front panel buttons, or RS-232 communications.
Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC3), Dolby Pro Logic II, LPCM HDMI direct stereo and multi-channel surround-sound audio formats are supported with up to six discrete channels. The front left and front right channels feature bi-amplification to satisfy the most discerning listeners. Advanced audio pre-processing insures an optimal surround sound signal, and a bright LCD display guides operations.
How It Works
Connect your HDMI-compliant source and optional S/PDIF digital audio source to the GefenTV Audio Decoder. Route analog or digital audio cables from the Decoder to your amplified sound system or active speakers. Optionally, connect HDMI-compliant displays to the Decoder's HDMI outputs. Power up connected equipment, then select the input source using the IR remote control or the front panel buttons. The LCD display shows what has been selected. Surround Sound formatted audio will now be heard on audio playback devices. Attached HDMI displays will show a vibrant, sharp hi-def mirror image of the HDMI source.
The GefenTV Audio Decoder supports high fidelity audio using Bi-Amplification technology. Two additional discrete analog audio output connectors are dedicated to the front right and front left audio channels. Dolby Digital and Dolby Pro Logic II processing are supported.
The GefenTV Audio Decoder outputs a maximum of six audio channels.
- Extracts encoded digital audio from HDMI or S/PDIF sources
- Outputs digital audio on S/PDIF and TOSLINK connectors for connection to external amplification equipment
- Splits any HDMI input source to two mirrored HDMI outputs with HDCP pass-through
- LCD display and IR remote control make Decoder operation friendly
- Six analog audio RCA jacks on the rear of the Decoder for Surround Sound audio
- Two additional Bi-Amplified RCA-style L/R analog audio outputs (Front Right, Front Left)
- Included Infrared Remote Control with battery pre-installed
- Easy to install and simple to operate with bright LCD display
- Elegant design with heat dissipation and quiet operation
- RS-232 serial port for control automation
- HDMI and HDCP Compliant
- Digital Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 225 MHz
- Maximum Resolutions: 1080p, 1920 x 1200
- HDMI Input: 1 x HDMI Female 19-pin
- HDMI Outputs: 2 x HDMI Female 19-pin
- Digital Audio Input: 1 x S/PDIF coaxial
- Digital Audio Output: 1 x S/PDIF coaxial
- Digital Audio Output: 1 x TOSLINK optical
- Analog Audio Outputs: 8 total (analog audio RCA-style jacks); 6 Surround Sound + 2 additional for Bi-Amplification
- Supported Audio Formats:
- Dolby Digital 5.1 (AC3), Dolby Pro Logic II, LPCM HDMI direct (up to 6 channels)
- Power Supply: 24V DC
- Dimensions: 6.9"W x 2.1"H x 6.9"D
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs.
- (1) GefenTV Audio Decoder
- (1) IR Remote Control
- (1) 6-foot HDMI cable (M-M)
- (1) Power Supply 24V DC
- (1) User Manual