Extra Long Range Extender for DVI, USB, RS-232, and Ethernet over two Cat-5 cables
The GefenToolBox DVIKVM ELR extends DVI, RS-232, and Ethernet up to 330 feet (100 meters) using a single Cat-5 cable. A separate Cat-5 cable is used to extend USB 2.0. 480 Mbps data rates are supported for USB 2.0, in addition to backward-compatibility with USB 1.1.
The Receiver Unit allows the connections of up to two (2) USB devices, providing access to printers, scanners, cameras, external storage media, digital signage, and automated control systems.
This GefenToolBox product uses Gefen ELR technology, allowing DVI, RS-232, and Ethernet to travel along the same Cat-5 cable, reducing the number of cables required. USB 2.0 is extended over the second Cat-5 cable, allowing USB to be extended at its full 480 Mbps bandwidth.
How It Works
Place the DVIKVM ELR Sender Unit next to the computer source. Use the included DVI cable to connect the source to the Sender Unit. Use the supplied USB cable to connect the USB port to the USB host (source) device. Connect the Receiver Unit to the monitor with a DVI cable. Connect the USB devices to the Receiver Unit. Use two Cat-5 cables, up to 330 feet (100 meters) long, to connect the Sender Unit to the Receiver Unit. Connect a serial cable from the RS-232 port on the Sender Unit to the RS-232 host device. Connect the RS-232 port on the Receiver Unit to the device used. The Ethernet port on both the Sender Unit and Receiver Unit are connected to standard network devices. Connect the included locking power supplies to the Sender and Receiver Units, and then connect both power cords to any available electrical outlets.
Note: This product does not support HDCP content with DVI sources.
- Extends DVI resolutions to 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz or 1080p up to 450 feet (140 meters)
- Extends USB 2.0, RS-232, and Ethernet devices to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Supports 480 Mbps using USB 2.0
- Backward-compatible with USB 1.1 devices
- EDID Management with Local and Pass-through modes
- Locking Power Supplies for secure connections
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 165 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2 Volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 Volts p-p (TTL)
- DVI Connectors (Sender / Receiver): DVI-I 29-pin (digital only)
- USB Connector (Sender Unit): (1) Type B
- USB Connectors (Receiver Unit): (2) Type A
- Link Connectors (Sender / Receiver): (2) RJ-45
- Ethernet Connectors (Sender / Receiver): (2) RJ-45 (1 per unit)
- RS-232 Connector (Sender): DB-9, female
- RS-232 Connector (Receiver): DB-9, male
- RS-232 Baud Rate: 19200 bps
- Power Supply (Sender / Receiver): 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 10 W per unit (max.)
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40 °C
- Dimensions: 3.6" W x 7.5" H x 1.3" D
- Shipping Weight: 3 lbs.
- (1) GefenToolBox DVI KVM Extra Long Range Extender (White) - Sender Unit
- (1) GefenToolBox DVI KVM Extra Long Range Extender (White) - Receiver Unit
- (1) 6 ft. DVI Cable (M-M)
- (1) 6 ft. USB cable (A-B)
- (2) 5V DC Locking Power Supplies
- (1) User Manual