Extend HDMI 1080p Full HD with Deep Color up to 330 feet (100 meters) over a single CAT-5 cable with Ethernet, RS-232, IR, remote 5V DC Power, plus automatic source switching
The GefenPRO Extender for HDMI ELR PoL 2 over CAT5 does everything that the GefenPRO Extender for HDMI ELR with PoL over CAT5 does, but adds active source switching, with an additional Hi-Def input on the Receiver Unit. This provides the capability to switch between the Hi-Def source connected to the Sender Unit and a local source connected to the Receiver Unit. The GefenPRO Extender for HDMI ELR PoL 2 over CAT5 extends a Hi-Def source with multichannel digital audio at resolutions of up to 1080p Full HD to 330 feet (100 meters), using one CAT-5 cable.
In addition, Gefen's PoL* technology gives it the capability to power an additional 5V DC device, up to 2 Amps, at the Receiver unit over the CAT-5 cable.
This product supports DVI-D when used with an HDMI to DVI Adapter, providing greater flexibility and options when integrating several home theater or display components.
The Extender for HDMI ELR PoL 2 over CAT5 extends Ethernet and provides an IR back channel to control AV sources using the same CAT-5 cable extension. With the built-in IR Blaster, simply point the IR remote(s) at the display to control the Hi-Def sources as if they were located in the same room as the display.
HDMI Features Supported:
- 1080p Full HD
- Deep Color
- 3DTV Pass-Through
- Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™
- Lip Sync
- CEC Pass-Through
How It Works
The GefenPRO Extender for HDMI ELR PoL 2 over CAT5 Sender unit is located next to a set-top box or DVD player source. Use the supplied HMDI cable to connect an HDMI source to the Sender unit. The GefenPRO Extender for HDMI ELR PoL 2 over CAT5 Receiver unit is located up to 330 feet (100 meters) away, near the display. Connect the HDTV display and another Hi-Def source to the Receiver Unit.
One CAT-5 cable connects the Sender and Receiver units to each other. The Ethernet ports on both the Sender and Receiver units are connected to standard network devices, such as 100Base-T routers and hubs. Multichannel digital audio is embedded in the HDMI signal (Dolby® TrueHD / DTS-HD Master Audio™).
To use the switching capability, simply power on the Hi-Def source connected to the Receiver Unit. The Extender will automatically switch to source connected to the Receiver Unit. To revert to the source connected to the Sender Unit, simply power down the source connected to the Receiver Unit.
Note: * Power over Line (PoL) is a Gefen proprietary technology that provides 10W of 5 Volt DC power to the GefenPRO Extender for HDMI ELR PoL 2 over CAT5 Receiver Unit over the single CAT-5 signal cable, and allows the Receiver Unit to power additional Gefen devices.
It is based on the Power over Ethernet (PoE) Standards, but is specifically tailored to Gefen's Hi-Def video products.
- Extends HDMI at 1080p Full HD and 1920x1200 up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Supports high bit-rate audio formats (Dolby® TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio™)
- Supports 3DTV
- Automatic source switching between Sender Unit and Receiver Unit
- Fully HDMI and HDCP compliant
- EDID management for rapid integration of source and display devices
- Built-in IR Blaster allows IR remote control of source devices from remote viewing location
- Internal 110 / 220 V AC Power Supply with detachable IEC cord connector on Sender unit
- 5 V DC, 2 A Locking Power Supply output connector on Receiver Unit
- Rack-mountable (with optional Gefen EXT-RACK-1U Rack Shelf)
- Maximum Resolutions Supported: 1080p and 1920 x 1200@60Hz
- HDMI Input Connector (Sender): 19-pin, Type A, female
- HDMI Local Input Connector (Receiver): 19-pin, Type A, female
- HDMI Output Connector (Receiver): 19-pin, Type A, female
- RS-232 Connector (Sender): DB-9, female
- RS-232 Connector (Receiver): DB-9, male
- Ethernet Connectors (1- Sender / 1- Receiver): RJ-45, shielded
- Link Connectors (1- Sender / 1- Receiver): RJ-45, shielded
- IR Blaster connector (1- Sender) : 3.5 mm mini-mono jack (for Gefen EXT-2IREMIT)
- IR Extender connector (1- Receiver) : 3.5 mm mini-stereo jack (for Gefen EXT-RMT-EXTIR)
- Power Input (Sender): 110 / 220 V AC Internal Power Supply with IEC Cord Connector
- Power Output Connector (Receiver): 5 V DC locking power supply connector
- Power Indicator (Receiver) : LED, Red (Power is being received over Link when ON)
- Power Supply (Sender only): 110 / 220 V AC (internal) IEC Connector
- Dimensions: 8.4" W x 1.7" H x 6.7" D (each unit)
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs. (preliminary)
- (1) GefenPRO Extender for HDMI ELR PoL over CAT5 - Sender unit
- (1) GefenPRO Extender for HDMI ELR PoL 2 over CAT5 - Receiver unit
- (1) 6 foot HDMI locking cable (M-M)
- (1) Rack ears
- (1) AC Power Cord
- (1) User Manua