A three port IEEE-1394 PHY repeater featuring Texas Instruments new 1394b 800Mbps PHY
The Firewire Repeater 800 works by repeating the Firewire signal and doubling the distance of any Firewire 800 cable. It enables Firewire devices to be placed far from the computer for those who prefer to work in a quiet, non-intrusive environment.
How it works
The Firewire Repeater 800 is placed at the end of each 33 foot Firewire 800 cable, you can use any combination of Firewire extension cables to extend up to 250 feet.
Firewire Repeater 800
- Extends Firewire devices up to 250 feet by daisy chaining
- Transfer rates of 100/200/400/800 Mbps
- Compliant with IEEE 1394.b and 1394.a
- Compact size
- Shielded plastic case
- Works with Apple and PC computers
- Firewire powered off of 9 pin bus
- Installs in minutes
- Data rates: S100(122.44 Mbps), S200(245.76 Mbps), S400(491.52 Mbps), S800(983.04Mbps)
- Power Supply: 12 - 30V DC (not included)*
- Dimensions: 3.25"D x 0.75"H x 2.50"D
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb.
* Power supply not required if using with a 6 or 9 pin Firewire bus