A three port IEEE-1394 PHY repeater featuring Texas Instruments 1394a 400Mbps PHY
The Firewire Repeater 400 works by repeating the Firewire signal and doubling the distance of any Firewire 400 cable. It enables Firewire devices to be placed far from the computer for those who prefer to work in a quiet, non-intrusive environment.
How It Works
The Firewire Repeater 400 is placed at the end of each 33 foot Firewire 400 cable, you can use any combination of Firewire extension cables to extend up to 250 feet.
For long range extension, an optional power supply (sold separately) might be needed.
- Extends Firewire devices up to 250 feet (76 meters) by daisy chaining
- Transfer rates of 100/200/400 Mbps
- Compliant with IEEE 1394.a
- Compact size
- Shielded plastic case
- Works with Apple and PC computers
- Firewire powered off of 6 pin bus
- Installs in minutes
- Data rates: S100(122.44 Mbps), S200(245.76 Mbps), S400(491.52 Mbps)
- Dimensions: 2.25"D x 0.75"H x 2.2"D
- Shipping Weight: 1 lb.
- External Power Supply: 12-30V*