This listing is for FDX55S1 Repeater only. Use description below as a general reference.
The ComNet FDX55 series consists of fully-digital transceiver units designed for implementing simplex or full-duplex RS232 Drop-and-Repeat poll-and-respond traffic signalization/communications data networks utilizing one or two optical fibers. These environmentally-hardened units are ideal for use in unconditioned out-of-plant or roadside installations and the master-configured transceiver unit may be located anywhere within the network, making this equipment ideal for applications involving on-street master controllers with upstream and downstream communication requirements. These units are compatible with FDX50, FDX51 and FDX52 Series of optical modems. Manually resettable anti-streaming is included for unparalleled network protection. Optional battery backup capability provides the highest level of network reliability in the event of a loss of local prime operating power, and maintains continuous communications channel operation. Plug-and-play design ensures ease of installation and no electrical or optical adjustments are ever required. Bi-color (Red/Green) LED indicators are provided for rapidly ascertaining equipment operating status. These units are interchangeable between stand-alone or card mount configurations.
Note: The power supplies provided with ComNet products are designed for benign 0 to 50º C applications. Hardened power supplies are available, consult the factory to select the right power supply for your application.
- Meets EIA RS232C/D specifications (Simplex or Duplex)
- NTCIP compatible
- Tested and certified by an independent laboratory for full compliance with the environmental requirements (ambient operating temperature, mechanical shock, vibration, humidity with condensation, high-line/low-line voltage conditions and transient voltage protection) of NEMA TS-1/ TS-2 and the Caltrans Specification for Traffic Signal Control Equipment.
- Robust design assures extremely high reliability in unconditioned roadside environments
- User-selectable DTE or DCE interface ensures ease of installation and maximum versatility
- Supports Request to Send (RTS) and Clear to Send (CTS) signals
- RJ-11 expansion port provides network branching capability by electrically linking co-located transceiver units
- Voltage transient protection on all power and signal input/ output lines provides protection from power surges and other voltage transient events.
- Optional internal battery backup provides 12 hours operating time in the event of loss of 115 VAC prime operating power, and maintains continuous channel communications.
- Wide optical dynamic range: optical attenuators are never required
- User-configurable optical and electrical Anti-Streaming provides network protection against faulty streaming controller operation
- Indicating LEDs display equipment operating status
- Hot-swappable rack modules
- Interchangeable between stand-alone or rack mount use – ComFit
- May be DIN-rail mounted by the addition of ComNet model DINBKT1 or DINBKT4 adaptor plate.
- Lifetime Warranty