Wireless RS232 Extender
Extend the connection and control of RS-232 devices up to 100 feet away from your computer - without the hassle of using cables.
Extend control of RS-232 peripherals to a remote location up to 100 feet away using the Wireless RS-232 Extender. Control your favorite Gefen products or any devices that use the RS-232 control interface - such as displays or many other AV devices.
How It Works
Quickly and easily hook up the Gefen Wireless RS-232 Extender sender unit to a computer using the short serial cable which is supplied. Connect the receiver unit to the extended device. Each unit, sender and receiver, is powered by individual 5VDC power supplies. Once both units are powered, by plugging the power units into available wall sockets, the Gefen Wireless RS-232 Extender will connect a computer wirelessly to the device attached to the receiver unit and the signals will pass along the wire as if it was directly attached to the computer.
The product can operate using two separate selectable baud rates : 19200 and 9600.
The small metal housing is immune to EMI interferences and the external antenna extends the extension range to 100 feet of line of site. Multiple transmitters can operate at the same time allowing much flexibility on placement and number of devices being remote controlled.
If the computer/controller device and remote device support powered operation via RS-232, then no external power supplies will be required for operation.
- Extends any RS232 compliant device up to 100 feet (30 meters) from a computer or controller
- No cables are required for extension
- Perfect for digital signage applications
- Secure locking power connectors
- Quick and easy setup
- RF Band: 2.4 GHz
- RS232 Input Connector: DB-9 female
- RS232 Output Connector: DB-9 male
- Power: locking power connectors (one per unit)
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 0.1W (max)
- Dimensions: 1.2" W x 3.8" D x 1.2" H
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs
- (1) Wireless RS-232 Extender Sender Unit
- (1) Wireless RS-232 Extender Receiver Unit
- (1) 6 foot serial cable
- (2) 5V external power supplies with locking power tips
- (1) User's Manual