GEFEN USB TO DVI CONVERTER
This product can be used instead of another graphics port. Model: EXT-USB-2-DVI
The USB to DVI Graphics Adapter allows you to use your computers USB port to connect extra monitors. The connected monitors can be configured to either mirror your primary screen, or extend the Windows desktop allowing visibility of more applications at the same time. The USB to DVI driver used to control the extra screens uses little computer resource and offers a vast array of screen resolutions and color depths. This ensures that here is little difference in performance between a directly connected screen and a screen connected through the USB to DVI Graphics Adapter.
It works only with 32 bit Versions of Windows XP and Windows 2000 at this time. A Windows Vista version is in the works, but not ready yet.
How it works
The USB to DVI Graphics Adapter software can be installed on any desktop or laptop system running one of the following Operating Systems:
- Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2
- Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4
- Windows Vista (limited functionality).
Up to six USB to DVI Graphics Adapters can be connected to the PC at a time. If you attach more adapters to a PC, subsequent ones will not be active.
The minimum hardware requirements for the PC are:
- PC with 1.2GHz or higher processor clock speed required. Intel Pentium/Celeron family, or AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible processor recommended
- 512 megabytes (MB) of RAM
- At least one USB2.0 port
- 12Mb of available disk space
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher- resolution video adapter and monitor
- CD-ROM or DVD drive.
- Up to 6 VGA to DVI Adapters can be used on one computer.
- DVI-I output, connect both a VGA display and or a DVI display.
- Output resolutions up to 1600x1200