8x 5VDC Power Cable Outputs in a Rackmount Solution
The Gefen Power Rack 58 is the perfect solution for cleaning up a messy rack space filled with individual power supply cables from many 5-Volt A/V devices. The Power Rack eliminates the need for multiple power supplies, centralizes power distribution, and saves space.
How It Works
The Gefen Power Rack 58 occupies a single 1U rack space. The 24-Volt power supply of the Power Rack 58 is connected to a wall outlet or power strip and a red LED appears on the front panel, indicating successful power-on. Power cables carrying 5V DC run from the rear of the Power Rack to the power input jack of each device.
On the front side of the Power Rack 58, there are 1 Power LED (red) and 8x dual-state (green/red) LEDs, one for each power feed that is connected to an external device. A Green LED color indicates normal power output at 5V ±0.3V. If the output voltage of this feed is below or above this voltage range, the dual-state LED turns red to indicate an error condition.
Power outputs have a grounding wire that is connected back to the Power Rack 58 for maximum safety when powering external devices.
VGA, Component Video and Audio signals can suffer degradation from power supply ripple. The EXT-PS5-8R uses a special step-down power supply that decreases ripple three times over a standard off-the-shelf power supply.
- Rack-mounted central power distribution eliminates multiple power supplies and messy cables
- Eight individual 5V DC / 2.5A max. power outputs for powering external devices
- Eight dual-state red/green LED lights indicate correct voltage range for each power output
- Locking connectors ensure secure attachment of output power cables
- Red LED indicates successful power status on the Power Rack 58
- RoHS Compliant -- Environmentally Safe Materials used in construction
- Power Input Voltage: 24V / 8A power supply
- Power Output Voltage: 5V DC / 2.5A max. per output
- Power Consumption: 192 Watts (max.)
- Power Outputs: Locking screw-down type, 1/4" dia.
- Dimensions: 17.1" W x 1.7" H x 4.25" D
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs.
- (1) Power Rack 58
- (8) 6-foot non-locking power output cables (to provide power to 5V devices)
- (1) User's Manual
- (1) Set of Rack Ears
- (1) 24V DC Power Supply