Four Times CAT6 Extender for HDMI - Companion Product for Matrixes
The Gefen 4x CAT6 Extender for HDMI is a companion product for any 4X4 Matrix for HDMI solution. It takes Hi-Def sources routed by the Matrix to any four extended HDTV displays up to 200 feet (60 meters) away. This HDMI product supports a variety of HDMI 1.3 features including: Deep Color, Multi-Channel Audio, Lip-Sync, CEC controls and 3DTV. Additional features include an extension for IR Remote for AV source control from the remote locations, IP Control and RS232 control for overall system routing and management.
The Gefen 4x CAT6 Extender for HDMI supports the HDMI 1.3 specification with features like 1080P Full HD, and compressed lossless audio formats such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio. The CAT6 Extender's pure digital transmission method insures 100% signal integrity over a single cable extension solution.
How It Works
The Gefen 4x CAT6 Extender for HDMI system consists of one Sender and four Receiver units. Up to four Hi-Def sources (set-top box, Blu-ray, DVD player or gaming console) can be connected to the Sender unit with the supplied one foot HDMI cables. The Receiver units connect to HDTV displays. One CAT-6A cable links the Sender and Receiver units at distances of up to 200 feet (60 meters) away. Each Receiver unit is connected by HDMI to the HDTV Display. The Sender is powered using a 24VDC power supply and the Receiver units are fed power by 5VDC power supplies.
The product can be connected in two ways :
1) When used as an add-on extension to HDMI when the system uses any 4X4 Matrix system as the required solution. In this case simply connect a CAT-6 cable between the Sender unit and Receiver units for each zone (room).
2) The unit's other purpose is to extend four (4) separate HDMI signals at long-range (200 feet/60 meters) over CAT-6 cable to any HDTV display. Optionally, IR signals can also be extended, adding remote control of any IR functionality located at the source end.
An optional IR remote control can be used at the Sender to control the routing or at each Receiver to control each individual zone. Additional control is possible via any HTTP-Compliant Web Browser (IP Control) or by using RS232 control. The Sender unit also has a unique feature that can apply control to the IP control and RS232 control of the 4x4 HDMI 1.3 matrixes: simply connect the supplied RS232 cable to the Matrix's RS232 input and the 4x CAT6 Extender for the HDMI Sender unit's RS232 output. Note: HDMI 1.3 Features Supported:
- Dolby TrueHD & DTS-HD Master Audio
- Deep Color Supported (x.v.Color)
- 225 MHz (up to 12 bit YUV 444 @ 1080p)
- CEC Protocol Pass-Through
- Lip-Sync Pass-Through
This product is an HDCP pass-through device.
- Video Resolutions: 1920 x 1200, 1080p, and 2K
- 12-bit Deep Color (x.v.Color)
- Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD Master Audio
- CEC Protocol Pass-Through
- Lip-Sync and 3DTV
- IR signal Extension
- IR Remote using a single CAT-6A cable for each zone (room)
- Remote control via either IP control and/or RS-232 serial control
- Audio and video are transmitted digitally over one CAT-6A cable for zero signal loss
- HDCP Compliant
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 225 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2 Volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 Volts p-p (TTL)
- Single Link Range: 1080p/1920 x 1200
- HDMI Connector: type A 19 pin
- Link Connector: RJ-45 Shielded
- Serial Remote Connector: DB-9
- IR Extender : 3.5mm Mini-Stereo for IR Blaster
- Sender PowerSupply: 24V DC Power Supply 60 W max. power consumption
- Receivers Power Supplies: 5V DC Power Supply 10 W max. power consumption
- Sender Dimensions: 17.0"W x 1.75"H x 4.5"D
- Receiver Dimensions: 7.5"W x 1.3"H x 3.5"D
- Shipping Weight: 11.8 lbs
- (1) 4x CAT6 Extender for HDMI Sender unit
- (4) 4x CAT6 Extender for HDMI Receiver unit
- (4) HDMI input cables (1 ft, M-M)
- (1) RS-232 Serial cable (M-F)
- (1) 24V DC Power Supply
- (4) 5V DC Locking Power Supply
- (1) Set of Rack Ears (Sender unit only)
- (1) User's Manual