Convert HDMI 1.3 into SD/HD/3G-SDI at 1080p/60 Hz with L/R analog audio
The Gefen HDMI1.3-2-3GSDI Converter takes an HDMI input signal and converts it to SDI/HD-SDI/3G-SDI output format (either SDI standard definition, HD-SDI high-definition, or 3G-SDI high-definition with ultra high bandwidth). Converted HDMI signals are mirrored onto two identical SDI BNC outputs. A single pair of RCA-type L/R analog audio output jacks enables monitoring of embedded HDMI audio via an external analog amplifier or receiver.
LED indicators on the front and bottom of the unit provide HDMI and SDI signal status and troubleshooting assistance in the event of errors.
How It Works
An HDMI source is connected to the HDMI input on the HDMI 1.3 to 3GSDI Converter. An SDI device is connected to the SDI outputs on the Converter. The included power supply is connected to the HDMI 1.3 to 3GSDI Converter. When the HDMI source and the HDMI 1.3 to 3GSDI Converter are connected and powered on, audio/video signals are converted to the proper format on connected A/V output devices (displays, audio receivers).
DIP switches on the underside of the unit allow presetting critical functions inside the Converter such as 3G Mapping Level, Test Pattern and RGB Range.
Three (3) LED indicators on the front panel indicate the presence of data rates up to 3G-SDI, the presence of locked-on HDMI, and power to the unit.
Note: In accordance with the HDCP specification, encrypted HDMI signals will not be converted to SD/HD/3G-SDI formats.
PC video input formats are not supported. This device does not scale video.
Only SMPTE formats are supported when using the SDI outputs; PC formats will not be converted.
- 12-bit color depth for greater precision and dynamic range (HDMI input only)
- 10-bit color depth on the SDI output under all conditions (including 3G-SDI output)
- Maximum output resolutions 2048x1080/24 (2K) and 1920x1080p/60 (1080p)
- Settings (Test pattern, RGB input range, 3G level selection) are done via a built-in bank of DIP switches underneath the unit
- Two (2) mirrored SDI copies of the HDMI input signal present at the SDI output jacks
- Two (2) analog audio L+R RCA jacks allow monitoring of the HDMI input source audio in 2-channel mode (provided no HDCP is present)
- Supports up to 4 stereo 48/96/192 KHz audio streams per HDMI input (embeds up to 8 HDMI digital audio channels into the SDI link)
- Supports 3G-SDI Level A for 1080p format only
- Supports 3G-SDI Level B (2 x SMPTE 292M HD-SDI) for 1080p format only
- Bank of LED indicators provide status and aid troubleshooting
- Power LED, HDMI signal lock LED on front of unit
- 3G Rate LED indicator (blue) lights when SDI output is at the 3G data rate and when HDMI input is of the format 1080p/50-60
- LED indicators underneath unit indicate presence of HDCP, color space type (HDMI input), color sampling type, and Deep Color level (at least 10 bits).
- Color bar test pattern generator at 720p/60
- Field-upgradable firmware via USB port.
- Maximum resolution output: 2048x1080 / 24 Hz
- Input Connector: (1) HDMI Type A 19-pin Female
- Input Connector: (1) USB female, type B (for in-the-field firmware upgrades)
- (2) Audio Output Connectors: RCA-type L+R analog audio jacks
- (2) Video Output Connectors: SDI/HD-SDI/3G-SDI female BNC
- (3) LED Front Indicators: 3G/HDMI data rate detect, HDMI 1080p video lock, 5V Power
- (4) LED Bottom Indicators: HDCP detect, color space indicators (2), Deep Color 10-bit or better detect
- SDI Compliant (SMPTE 259M, up to 360 Mb/s)
- HD-SDI Compliant (SMPTE 292M, up to 1.485 Gbps) (no Dual Link Support)
- 3G-SDI Compliant (SMPTE 494M/495M, up to 3.0 Gbps)
- 3G-SDI Levels A and B Compliant (for 1080P resolution only)
- Power Supply: 5V DC / Power Consumption: 2.5 Watts (max.)
- Dimensions: 7.5''D x 8.2'' W x 1.7''H
- Rack Size: 1U (half-width)
- Shipping Weight: 4 lbs.
- HDMI 1.3 Compliant
- HDMI 1.2 Compatible
- (1) HDMI 1.3 to 3GSDI Converter
- (1) One 6 ft HDMI input cable (M-M)
- (1) One 5V DC Power Supply
- (1) User's Manual