4x4 Gefen Matrix Switch with outputs that can go up to 300ft from the switch over cat5. Model: EXT-HDMI-CAT5-444
Matrix any 4 local video sources to any 4 remote displays --- using CAT5 cables!
The Gefen 4x4 HDMI CAT5 Matrix offers unprecedented flexibility and convenience by routing high definition audio/video from any of four HDMI video sources to any of 4 remote displays over inexpensive, standard CAT5 cabling.
Each remote display has a control box that allows the viewer to select any of the 4 video sources and control that source via an IR remote control as if the viewer was standing in the room where the source originates.
Full High-Resolution HDTV signals are supported up to a resolution of 1080p at a maximum distance of 150 feet and 1080i resolutions can be extended up to 300 feet. The Gefen 4x4 HDMI CAT5 Matrix works with HD-DVD players, TiVo systems, HT PCs, and satellite set-top boxes that connect to an HDMI display. Every source is accessible at all times by any display by selecting it with an IR remote.
Fully HDCP Compliant
HDCP (high bandwidth digital content protection) is a standard signal encoded into a video signal to prevent it from being pirated. If a source device is HDCP encoded and is connected to a display without the proper decoding mechanism, the picture is relegated to "snow" or a very low (480P) resolution picture. In order to see high resolution digital video encoded with HDCP, all devices between the source and the display must be equipped with HDCP circuitry, as is the Gefen 4x4 Matrix CAT5 Extender.
How it works
You simply connect up to 4 local video sources to the CAT5-Matrix's inputs. Then run each of your CAT5 cables from the Matrix to the destination displays. At each remote display, terminate the CAT5 cable run with a HDMI CAT5-MS Receiver device. Connect each Receiver to a display and you're all set.
Note: This HDMI product supports BOTH Audio and Video signals.
- 4x4 HDMI CAT5 Matrix
- 4x HDMI CAT5 MS Receivers
- RMT-16IR Master Remote Control
- Four 6 foot HDMI cables
- 4x 5V DC Power Supplies
- 24V DC Power Supply
- Rack Ears
- User's Manual
- Switches easily between any four HDMI sources
- Sends up to four video inputs to any four remote HDMI displays
- Maintains 1920 x 1200, 1080p, and 2k resolution video
- Extends video up to 300 feet over CAT-5 cable
- Discrete IR remote (included)
- Serial RS-232 remote port
- Rack ears included
- HDMI compliant
- HDCP compliant
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 165 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2 volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
- Single Link Range: 1080p/1920 x 1200
- HDMI Connector: type A 19 pin female
- Link Connector: RJ-45 Shielded
- Remote Control Port: RS232 female, mini-stereo
- Power Supply: 24V DC. 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 60 watts (max)
- Dimensions: 17"W x 3.5"H x 5.875"D
- Shipping Weight: 16 lbs.