Gefen 1x8 HDMI Distribution amplifier with Cat5 HDMI Baluns. Model: EXT-HDMI-CAT5-148
Distribute HDMI Remotely -- Up to 8 displays, using CAT5 or HDMI cables!
The new Gefen 1x8 HDMI/CAT5 Distribution Amplifier allows you to distribute a single HDMI video source remotely to as many as 8 separate HDTV displays via inexpensive and standard CAT5 cables as well as HDMI cables.
How it works Simply plug your master video source into the Gefen 1x8 HDMI/CAT5 D.A. Sender unit, then run your cables to the remote locations. If you are using CAT5 cables, pair up your cables with separately purchased HDMI CAT5 D.A. Extreme Receivers at each video display. If you are using HDMI cables, just attach up to 8 HDMI cables on the outputs and connect the ends to the displays. After connection of cables, power up (or re-start) all equipment and you will have effortless HDMI video duplication at all locations.
Note: CAT5 cable extensions may be up to 300 feet (1080i) or 150 ft (1080p). CAT5 video distribution requires two cables per connection. All displays that cannot show the same video resolution(s) as the Primary Display connected to Output #1 may fail to show a picture. Secondary displays follow the Primary by sharing the resolution and capability information (EDID) obtained from the Primary Display.
- 1x HDMI CAT5 Distribution Amplifier
- 1x HDMI 6-foot cable Male-Male
- 24V DC power supply
- HDMI Video Distribution to up to 8 displays
- 300 ft. at 1080i; 150-ft range for 1080p
- Enables greater versatility when installing multiple HDMI displays
- Maintains high resolution video - beautiful, sharp HDTV resolutions up to 1080p, 2k, and computer resolutions up to 1920 x 1200 are easily achieved
- HDCP compliant
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 165 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2 volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
- Single Link Range: 1080p/1920 x 1200
- HDMI Connector: type A 19 pin female
- Power Supply: 24 VDC
- Power Consumption: 50 watts (max)
- Dimensions: 17.2"W x 3.5"H x 5.5"D
- Shipping Weight: 10 lbs.