All-in-one commercial-grade AV switcher/scaler for a myriad of AV sources including additional audio support for DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus
Scale analog and digital video up to 1080p / 1920x1200 and output as digital HDMI with digital audio. Easily adjust key video aspects such as color, aspect ratio, and noise reduction with the Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro. Digitize and scale audio and video in different formats into outgoing HDMI together with external digital audio (S/PDIF and TOSLINK).
Fitting neatly in an equipment rack, the Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro is conveniently located close to the center of AV operations. Rack ears are included.
The Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro video accepts the following inputs:
- HDTV television (HDMI/DVI)
- Computer video (DVI or VGA)
- SD (Composite or S-Video)
- Additional RS232 functions
The Gefen Scaler Pro can interface with a variety of sources from set-top boxes and DVD players, to all popular video gaming consoles, with full 1080p support and compliancy with HDCP. Wide-screen scaling of VGA and DVI desktops is also achieved by the Gefen Scaler Pro.
How It Works
Connect AV sources to the input ports on the Gefen Scaler Pro. An HDMI signal with embedded and external coaxial/optical emerges at the output. Connect HDTV displays to the HDMI output. Use the easy-to-use on-screen menu with the included IR remote control to permit easy trouble-free setup and image adjustment.
Scalers are devices placed between the source and the display that enable the conversion of an input video signal from one format to a different resolution. Incoming video signals from different video source outputs (composite, component, HDMI) are converted to user-selectable output resolutions up to 1920x1200 or 1080p. Scalers can improve the quality of the image if the display has an inexpensive built-in scaler. This is done by outputting the video set to the native resolution of the display, bypassing its internal scaler. This ensures the best quality video possible.
Input of a DVI-D signal (or display of an HDMI signal on a DVI-D monitor) requires an additional DVI to HDMI cable or adapter.
- Both digital and analog inputs are format converted and pixel re-scaled @ 1080p to match the native resolution of your display
- DVI/HDCP/HDMI compliant input: Operates at bandwidths up to 165Mhz (Up to 1920 × 1200 WUXGA resolution @60Hz)
- Supports Dolby Digital, DTS-HD-MA and Dolby TrueHD
- Supports digital HD output up to 1080p/60Hz.
- Supports 1080p/24Hz true movie pass-thru.
- Integrated 8-bit triple-ADC/PLL.
- Dual high quality scaling engines.
- Dual 3D motion video source adaptive deinterlacers with smooth low angle edge.
- Auto 3:2 pull-down and 2:2 pull-down detection & recovery.
- High performance frame rate conversion engine.
- Proprietary Advanced Color Engine Technology for brilliant and fresh color, intensified contrast and details, vivid skin tones, sharp edges, and accurate and independent color control.
- Option to select audio input from HDMI or TOSLINK/SPDIF audio source.
- 3D noise reduction (Composite and S-Video inputs only)
- Operates through an on-screen display (OSD) menu controlled via included remote control
- Digital Audio Delay to match audio/video timing
- Less then one frame delay for smooth video when gaming
- 19-inch Rack Ear Kit included for mounting in an equipment rack
- Aspect Ratio Control
- Digital Maximum Pixel Clock: 165 MHz
- Analog Video Bandwidth: 350 Mhz
- Input DDC Signal: 5 Volts p-p (TTL)
- Input Video Signal: 1.2 Volts p-p
- Maximum Resolution: 1080p/1920 x 1200
- HDMI Input Connector: (1) Type A 19 Pin female
- HDMI Output Connector: (1) Type A 19 Pin female
- DVI Input Connector: (1) DVI-I (29 pin) female
- Component Input Connector: (1) YPbPr - 3 RCA
- Composite Input Connector: (1) CVBS - 1 RCA
- S-video Input connector: (1) Y/C - 4 pin mini-DIN
- Analog Audio Input Connector: (3) L+R RCA, (1) 3.5mm stereo mini-jackDigital Audio Input Connector: (2) Coaxial (S/PDIF), (2) Optical (TOSLINK)
- Digital Audio Output Connector: (1) Coaxial (S/PDIF), (1) Optical (TOSLINK)
- Remote Control Port: (1) DB-9; RS-232 serial communication
- Rack Size: 1U (rack-ears included)
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 20 Watts (max)
- Dimensions: 6.7''D x 17.1''W x 1.6''H