Gefen DVI Detective Plus Model: EXT-DVI-EDIDP
Save the EDID -- now for HDTV equipment as well as Computers.
Computers and HDTV video source devices can sometimes lose the EDID -- basically the electronic identification of a display which lists its possible resolutions and frequencies. When displays are switched away or disconnected and then reconnected, the EDID can be lost and the computer or HD video source device can lose the ability to display the image properly. The Gefen DVI Detective Plus allows you to switch or relocate HDTV or Computer video displays while "tricking" the source devices into thinking that the display is still present -- maintaining smooth video operations throughout the process.
How it works You simply program the DVI Detective Plus for the display that you will use, by performing a programming step while having the device connected to the display and a power adapter. Next, you put it into place on the video output of your video source and restart your equipment. When all sources and displays are powered on, seamless functioning of video source and display equipment will commence. External buttons make EDID programming and settings operations a breeze -- formerly, some operations could require opening the unit.
Note: The DVI Detective Plus includes 4 built-in manually-selectable generic EDIDs (display identities) for forcing several standard home theater setups with multi-channel audio and standard HDTV resolutions. This functionality is vital when equipment reaches a state of indeterminite function and will not respond to signals or controls properly, and a certain resolution size with specific audio must be forced upon all connected equipment.
- one DVI-DL 1-foot cable MM
- one 5VDC Power Supply
- one User Manual
- Store EDID information for displays
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, 2K, and 3840x2400 (Dual Link)
- Keeps computer systems from deactivating inactive DVI ports
- Can eliminate CAT-5 lines used to carry DDC signals when extending computer video
- Passes HDCP copy-protection protocols for full HDTV, using an HDMI to DVI adapter (not included)
- No power required after initial programming
- DVI Connector: DVI-I 29 pin female
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 5 watts (max)
- Dimensions: 2.7"W x 1.5"H x 2"D
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs