Intended Use(s): Home Theater | Computer A/V | Digital Signage
Save the EDID. Now easier to use with external controls.
Computers can sometimes lose the EDID -- basically the electronic identification of a display which lists its possible resolutions and frequencies. When displays are switched away or disconnected and then reconnected, the EDID can be lost and the computer can lose the ability to display the image properly. The DVI Detective solves this problem by memorizing the EDID information. It does this by being programmed in a simple process. Once the DVI Detective has the display's EDID memorized, it can be placed over the output of the computer's video port, where it fools the computer into thinking that a display is present, even when the display is switched away to another computer.
How It Works
After a simple initial programming step involving only the monitor and the DVI Detective, you simply connect the video source on one side of the DVI Detective and the extension module or switcher on the other side. External buttons and no power after programming make EDID programming and settings operations a breeze. Note: For custom EDID programming please call (408)954-8782 for more details.
- Store EDID information for displays
- Easier to use: External buttons control the programming of an EDID and the protection of the memory inside the unit.
- Keeps computer systems from deactivating inactive DVI ports
- No power required after initial programming step
- Custom Resolutions are available for specific devices
- Buttons on the outside for EDID programming and write-protection
- Use with Gefen DVI extenders to obviate the necessity for DDC CAT-5 lines in computer systems
- Supports resolutions up to 1920x1200, 2K, and 3840x2400 (Dual Link)
- DVI Connector: DVI-I 29 pin female
- EDID Memory Size: 256 Bytes
- Power Supply: 5V DC
- Power Consumption: 5 watts (max)
- Dimensions: 2.7"W x 1.5"H x 2"D
- Shipping Weight: 1 lbs
- 1- foot DVI Dual Link M-M Cable for interfacing to computer video port
- 5V Power Supply
- User's Manual