Extra Long Range Extender for DVI, RS-232, and Ethernet Over one CAT-5 cable
The DVI and RS232 Extender over CAT-5 with Ethernet extends any DVI source to a monitor, touch screen display, or other digital signage application placed at a distance up to 330 feet (100 meters) using one CAT-5 cable. This product also extends Ethernet and RS-232 using the same CAT-5 cable extension, allowing access and control devices using RS-232.
How It Works
Place the Extender for DVI and RS232 Sender Unit next to the DVI input source. Use the included DVI cable to connect the source to the Sender Unit. Connect the Receiver Unit to the monitor or digital signage display with a DVI cable (not supplied). Use one CAT-5 cable, up to 330 feet (100 meters), to connect the Sender Unit to the Receiver Unit. Connect an RS-232 serial cable from the RS-232 port on the Sender Unit to the RS-232 control device. Connect the RS-232 port on the Receiver Unit to the RS-232 device. Connect the Ethernet ports on both the Sender Unit and the Receiver Unit to any computer source and extended Ethernet device.
Note: This product does not support HDCP content with DVI.
- Supports DVI Resolutions to 1920x1200@60 Hz or 1080p at 330 feet (100 meters)
- EDID Management for Local and Pass-through
- Extends Ethernet to 330 ft (100 meters)
- Extend RS-232 serial devices
- Locking power connectors
- Wall Mountable
- DVI Video Input (Sender): DVI-I 29-pin, female
- DVI Video Output (Receiver): DVI-I 29-pin, female
- RS-232 Input (Sender): DB-9, female
- RS-232 Output (Receiver): DB-9, male
- Ethernet Connector (Sender / Receiver): RJ-45
- Link Connector (Sender / Receiver): RJ-45, female
- RS-232 Baud Rate (maximum): 19200 bps
- Power Supply: 5V DC 2A locking type
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40 °C
- Dimensions: 5" W x 1.25" H x 3.4" D
- Shipping Weight: 5 lbs.
- (1) Gefen DVI RS232 Extender over CAT5 with Ethernet Sender Unit
- (1) Gefen DVI RS232 Extender over CAT5 with Ethernet Receiver Unit
- (1) 6 ft DVI Cable (M-M)
- (2) 5V DC Locking Power Supplies
- (1) User Manual