Extend DVI/HDMI with audio plus RS232C -- over multimode/singlemode fiber up to 2km The Gefen DVI-1600HD is a perfect solution for extending and managing control systems at great distances. The Gefen DVI-1600HD sends DVI or HDMI, Audio, and RS232C signals up to 300m away when used with DVI at 1920x1200 and up to 2km when used with DVI at lower resolutions. It maintains HD video signals up to 1920x1200 with computers and 1080p with HD equipment. Additionally, extension of RS232 signals helps create long-distance control systems for AV integration or touch-panel systems.
How It Works The Gefen DVI-1600HD system uses a send-and-receive methodology. The DVI/HDMI/Audio/RS232C source devices are plugged into the Sender module. At the Receiver, remote devices (including an HD display) plug into the Receiver module. The proper length of fiber optic cable is connected at both ends. Power supplies for the modules are plugged into wall sockets and a crisp vibrant HD picture results.
Note: This device fully supports Display Data Channel (DDC) and High-Bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) when the front panel switch on the sender module is selected to HDMI.
The Gefen DVI-1600HD uses a DVI connector for video. HDMI can be sent by using adapters or combo cables to provide DVI video with external digital audio as combined input to the DVI-1600HD Sender unit. The result will be HDMI with embedded audio at the Receiver end.
The digital input jacks can only support D-PCM or PCM stereo audio formats.
- Pure signal integrity and best image over long distances
- Fiber-optic transmission medium eliminates electromagnetic interference (EMI) during send or receive operations
- Lightweight, rugged cabling and connectors
- Cost effective per foot/meter
- Low power consumption at 72W total
- Plug and play installation ease -- no software drivers
- Can use both Single and Multimode optical fiber cables
- Maximum range of 2km for DVI, 200m if sending DDC/HDMI with HDCP
- RS232 signal extension helps create long-distance control systems for A/V integration
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 165 MHz; Maximum Resolution: 1920x1200/1080p
- Input Connector (analog audio): 1 x Pair RCA L+R stereo
- Input Connector (digital audio): 1 x S/PDIF digital audio
- Input Connector (digital audio): 1 x TOSlink optical digital audio
- Input Connector (digital video): 1 x DVI, 29-pin Female
- Output Connector (analog audio): 1 x Pair RCA L+R stereo
- Output Connector (digital audio): 1 x S/PDIF digital audio
- Output Connector (digital audio): 1 x TOSlink optical digital audio
- Output Connector (digital video): 1 x DVI, 29-pin Female
- RS232 Connectors (Input, Output): 9-pin Serial, Female
- Link Connectors: 4-strand LC-LC fiber optic cable (single or multimode)
- Input Video Signal Voltage: 1.2 volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal Voltage: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
- Power Supply/Power Consumption: 12V DC x 2 / 72 watts total
- Dimensions: 10.3"W x 1.2"H x 5.1"D
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 50 C
- Relative Humidity: 10-85%
- Shipping Weight: 5 lbs.
- Gefen DVI-1600HD Sender
- Gefen DVI-1600HD Receiver
- Two x 12V / 3A DC power adapters
- User's Manual