Extends DVI up to 1640 feet (500 meters) over fiber optics cables.
The Gefen DVI•1500HD allows a single link video signal to be extended over long distances by using multimode LC-LC fiber optic cable. Fiber Optics technology allows the DVI•1500HD to carry video signals over long distances that would not be possible with traditional CAT5 extension. The use of fiber optic cabling protects the video signal from electromagnetic interference (EMI) which can degrade the video signal.
How It Works
The DVI•1500HDS sender unit sits next to your computer, set-top box or DVD player source. Cables supplied with the DVI•1500HD connect your DVI source to the send unit. The DVI•1500HDR receive unit sits next to your DVI display - up to 1640 feet (330 feet with HDCP) away. The display plugs into the back of the DVI•1500HDR receiver unit. One CAT-5 cable and a multi mode LC fiber optic cable (4 strand) connect the DVI•1500HDS and the DVI•1500HDR units to each other.
- Extends any DVI (digital visual interface) compliant device up to 1640 feet/500 meters (330 feet with HDCP) from the computer
- Uses a four-strand multimode LC-LC fiber optic cable for video signals
- Uses one CAT-5 cable for DDC and control signals
- Eliminates computer noise where you work
- Supports resolutions up to 1080p, 2K, and 1920 x 1200
- Supports DDWG standard for DVI compliant monitors
- HDCP compliant
- Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 165 MHz
- Input Video Signal:1.2 volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 volts p-p (TTL)
- DVI Connector: DVI-D (19 pin) female
- Video Link Connector: LC
- DDC Link Connector: RJ-45 Shielded
- Power Supply: 5V DC with locking connector
- Power Consumption: 36 watts (max)
- Dimensions: 8.5" W x 1.8" H x 4.4" D
- Shipping Weight: 5 lbs.
- Rack mountable: 1U rack space
- DVI•1500S Sender unit
- DVI•1500R Receiver unit
- Two5V Power Supply
- One 6 ft DVI cable (M-M)
- User's Manual