Extend two DVI sources and USB 2.0 up to 200 feet (60 meters) using three CAT-6A cables*
Extend two DVI sources and USB 2.0 peripherals from any computer or KVM device with the Gefen CAT5-5600HD Professional Series KVM extender. Extension is up to 200 feet (60 meters) using three (3) CAT-6A cables*.
The Receiver Unit allows the connection of up to two DVI monitors and up to four USB devices, expanding your workspace and increasing productivity in a post-production and editing environment.
USB 2.0 data rates up to 480 Mbps are supported in addition to backward-compatibility with USB 1.1.
*CAT-5 or 5e cables can be used to extend up to 150 feet (45 meters)at 1920 x 1200 @60Hz. CAT-5 cable is sufficient for USB link. Shielded cables are optional.
How It Works
Place the CAT5-5600HD Sender Unit next to the source. Use the included DVI cables to connect the DVI source(s) to the Sender Unit. Use the supplied USB cable to connect the Sender Unit to the USB host (source) device. Connect the Receiver Unit to the DVI displays using DVI cables. Connect the USB devices to the Receiver Unit. Connect the Sender Unit to the Receiver Unit using three CAT-6 cables up to 200 feet (see note above*). Connect the included locking power supplies to the Sender and Receiver Units, then connect both power cables to available electrical outlets.
Note: The CAT5-5600HD is an HDCP pass-through device.
- Extends two DVI sources to 200 feet (60 meters) up to 1080p or 1920x1200 (Using CAT-6A Cables- see note above)
- Extends USB 2.0 200 feet (60 meters) or more
- Backward-compatible with USB 1.1 devices
- Works with any computer using DVI and USB
- Supports DDWG standard for DVI monitors
- Rack-mountable (Rack Ears Included)
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 165 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2 volts p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5 Volts p-p (TTL)
- Digital Video Inputs (Sender): (2) DVI-I, 29-pin, female
- Digital Video Outputs (Receiver): (2) DVI-I, 29-pin, female
- USB Input (Sender): (1) Type B
- USB Outputs (Receiver): (4) Type A
- Link Connectors: (3) RJ-45, shielded (shielded cabling optional)
- Indicator Lights (Sender/Receiver): (2) LINK 1 / LINK 2 (flash red for power, green when linked)
- EQ Rotary Switches (Receiver): (2) EQ 1 / EQ 2 (adjusts for cable type and length)
- Power Supply (Sender / Receiver): 5 V DC
- Power Consumption: 20 W per unit (max.)
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40 °C
- Dimensions (Sender / Receiver): 17" W x 1.75" H x 4.375" D
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs. (preliminary)
- (1) CAT5-5600HD - Sender Unit
- (1) CAT5-5600HD - Receiver Unit
- (2) 6 ft. DVI cables (M-M)
- (1) 6 ft. USB cable (A-B)
- (2) 5V DC Power Supplies
- (1) Set of Rack Ears
- (1) User Manual