Multi-Source Video Scaling and Switching Solution in a Rack with Audio Amplifier The Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro was designed for professionals who need a multi-format video scaling solution in a rack-mount form factor. The Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro allows you to not only scale incoming video, but also digitally enhance key aspects of the video signal such as color, aspect ratio, and audio/video noise. External audio inputs are provided to complement the analog and digital video sources (HDMI included), all of which are digitized and combined into the HDMI output signal. If external audio processing is required, the Gefen Audio/Video Scaler features digital S/PDIF and TOSLINK outputs as well as 20W professional stereo speaker outputs.
Video inputs can be standard definition or high definition television, computer or High-Definition DVI-I (DVI-A or DVI-D), Component, Composite, S-Video, and HDMI resolutions of up to 1080p. Outputs consist of one HDMI digital video output, two digital audio outputs (S/PDIF, TOSlink), and two 20W speaker terminal outputs.
Anything from set-top boxes and DVD players to the next generation of gaming consoles including the Xbox 360 and PS3 can be plugged into the Audio/Video Scaler Pro. Computer users will especially benefit with the scaling of VGA and DVI video to make better use of their viewing areas on wide screen monitors or televisions.
How It Works The Gefen Audio/Video Scaler Pro supports many video sources, each paired with audio inputs. One DVI-I (VGA or DVI-D) source is input with analog audio; Component and Composite or S-Video sources are input with analog audio. Two HDMI sources are input with digital audio (S/PDIF or TOSlink).
The analog audio from the analog sources is digitized and embedded within the two HDMI output signals as well as passed to the digital audio outputs. The HDMI inputs also can use separate digital audio inputs, enabling the combining of DVI-D video and separate digital audio together into a single HDMI output signal. This requires a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter.
Easy to use on-screen menus accessible through the IR remote control allow for effortless setup and image adjustment to accommodate different viewing modes and screen sizes.
- Both digital and analog inputs are format converted and pixel re-scaled through the Home Audio/Video Scaler Pro. It outputs a large range of formats and resolutions that will easily match the native resolution/ format of your display to ensure highest picture quality.
- DVI/HDCP/HDMI compliant input: Operates up to 165Mhz (Up to WUXGA @60Hz)
- Supports digital HD output up to 1080p
- Integrated 8-bit triple-ADC/PLL.
- Integrated DVI/HDCP/HDMI compliant receiver.
- Dual high quality scaling engines.
- Dual 3-D motion adaptive de-interlacers with smooth low-angle edge.
- Automatic 3:2 pull-down & 2:2 pull-down detection and recovery.
- High performance frame rate conversion engine.
- The Proprietary Advanced Color Engine technology gives: Brilliant and fresh color, Intensified contrast and details, Vivid skin tone, Sharp edge, Accurate and independent color control
- Option to select audio input from HDMI or TOSlink/SPDIF audio source
- 3D noise reduction on analog inputs only.
- Operates through on-screen display (OSD) menu control and remote control
- Digital Audio Delay to match audio/video timing
- Less then one frame delay allowing for gaming
- Aspect Ratio Control
- Reset Button
- Digital Video Amplifier Bandwidth: 165 MHz
- Component Video Bandwidth: 350 Mhz
- Input DDC Signal: 5 Volts p-p (TTL)
- Input Video Signal: 1.2 Volts p-p
- Maximum Resolution: 1080p/1920 x 1200
- Digital Video Connector (input) : 1x DVI-D (via DVI-I Connector)
- Analog Video Connector (input) : 1x VGA (via DVI-I Connector)
- Analog Video Connector (input) : 3x RCA Component Jacks
- Analog Video Connector (input) : 1x RCA Composite
- Analog Video Connector (input) : 1x S-Video
- Analog Audio Connector (input): 1x 3.5mm Mini Jack
- Digital Audio Connector (output): 2x Optical TOSlink, Coax SPDIF
- Analog Audio Connector (output): 2x Pair L+R Spring-Loaded Speaker Terminals (Amplified 20W RMS max.)
- Power Supply/Power Consumption: 24V DC/60 watts max.
- Dimensions: 17.2"W x 2.12"H x 6.8"D
- Shipping Weight: 6 lbs.