Convert and Scale A/V sources to DVI-I or DVI-A output with balanced Analog and Digital DB25 audio at up to 7.1 channels
The A/V Cinema Scaler Pro II with Analog DB25 Audio is a powerful one stop audio/video format processor with video scaling capabilities. Audio input formats include digitally embedded HDMI audio, S/PDIF digital audio, analog L/R audio, TOSLINK digital audio and DB25 analog audio at up to 7.1 channels with discrete inputs and balanced audio.
The A/V Cinema Scaler Pro II outputs scaled DVI-I video, consisting of both digital DVI and analog DVI (otherwise known as DVI-A or VGA) at your choice of either 1080p or 2K with professional-quality discrete and balanced AES DB25 analog and digital audio at up to 7.1 channels. The unit eliminates ground loops with ingenious internal Gefen circuitry.
Many video input formats are supported including HDMI, analog or digital DVI, Component video, and VGA. The A/V Cinema Scaler Pro includes an RS-232 port for firmware updates and external control of the unit with an automated control system such as Crestron.
How It Works
Connect each video input source and an audio input source of your choice at an unoccupied bank of connectors on the front or rear panel. Power up the A/V Cinema Scaler Pro II. Use the LCD display's on-screen menu system and/or front panel buttons to select the currently active A/V source, scale your output resolution, and access desired A/V processing functions. The A/V Cinema Scaler Pro II will convert the currently selected A/V input to DVI-I video output accompanied by professional quality DB25 audio.
At any time, you may press the Bypass button on the front panel to select DB25 audio input directly and ignore currently connected audio sources of other types.
The A/V Cinema Scaler Pro II with Dolby Digital Audio and Analog DB25 Audio is fully HDCP compliant.
When the HDMI input source is active, the output audio signal is obtained from the embedded HDMI digital audio only and not from any other connected sources.
No audio processing of the DB-25 analog input will be applied in the bypass mode.
Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories. Dolby, Pro Logic, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
- Supported video input types: (2) Component, (1) VGA, (1) DVI-I, (1) DVI-D, and (1) HDMI
- Supported audio input types: Embedded HDMI digital audio, S/PDIF digital audio, analog L/R audio, and DB25 analog audio
- Video inputs are format converted and pixel re-scaled for optimum viewing
- Front panel source selection with Bypass Mode switch allows instant pass-through of DB-25 audio input at both analog and digital DB25 output connectors (masks all other audio inputs while active)
- RS-232 input port (1) for optional firmware updates/external control
- Selectable digital or analog audio input to accompany each video source during playback
- LCD display with helpful on-screen menu for easy access to features and settings
- Capable of "black barring"/stretching 4:3 aspect ratio & automatic isolation transformers on audio output to prevent ground loops greater than 90db SNR
- Supports resolutions of 1920x1080p/60 and 2048x1080p/60
- Simultaneously active analog and digital DB25 balanced audio outputs at up to 7.1 channels
- Dolby Support: Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Prologic II
- Capable of 120us delay to sync video & audio
- HDCP and HDMI 1.2 compliant
- Set of Rack Ears included
- Digital Maximum Pixel Clock: 165 MHz
- Analog Video Bandwidth: 350 Mhz
- Maximum Input Resolution: 1920x1200 / 60Hz
- Maximum Output Resolution: 2048x1080 / 60Hz (2K)
- HDMI Input Connector: (1) Type A, 19-pin female
- DVI-I Input Connector: (1) DVI-I (29-pin) female
- DVI-D Input Connector: (1) DVI-I (29-pin) female
- VGA Input Connector: (1) HD-15 female connector
- YPbPr Component Input Connectors: (2) sets of RCA cables
- Analog Audio Input Connectors: (5) L+R RCA, (1) DB-25 (analog model)
- Digital Audio Input Connector: (5) Coaxial Digital (S/PDIF), (1) DB-25 (digital model) (4) Optical Digital (TOSLINK)
- DVI-I Output Connector: (1) DVI-I (29-pin) female
- Audio Output Connector: (1) DB-25 Analog
- RS-232 Control / Programming Port: DB9 Female
- Rack Size: 1.5U (Rack Ears included)
- Power Supply: (1) 12V DC
- Power Consumption: 80W max.
- Dimensions: 16.9" W x 1.7" H x 8" D
- Shipping Weight: 12 lbs.
- (1) A/V Cinema Scaler Pro II unit
- (1) User's Manua