This listing is for CNHDMC1003M2/24DC Converter only. Use description below as a general reference.
The ComNet CNHDMC series are substation-rated and industrially hardened Ethernet media converters. Designed, but not tested to the requirements of IEC 61850-3, IEEE 1613 Class 2, Class 1/ Division 2 (Groups A, B, C, and D for hazardous environments), EN50155, and NEMA TS-1/TS-2, it is intended for deployment in environments where high levels of electromagnetic noise and interference (EMI) and severe voltage transients and surges are routinely encountered, such as electrical utility substations and switchyards, heavy manufacturing facilities, trackside and roadside electronic equipment, and other difficult out-of-plant applications. The DIP-switch-selectable 100BASE-FX or 1000BASE-FX port supports conventional CAT-5e/CAT-6 copper or optical transmission media by selection of the appropriate ComNet SFP module. User-selectable link fault pass-through provides remote indication of a network fault, and a summary fault alarm provides a local or remote indication via a dry contact closure in the event of loss of optical link or operating power. The 10/100/1000BASE-TX port supports both auto-negotiation and automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover for full and half-duplex operation; manual MDI/MDI-X switching is not required.
The internal/self-contained 12 to 24 VDC, 48 VDC, or HV AC/DC power supply features redundant power inputs when used with 12 to 24 VDC, or 48 VDC power sources, for the highest possible reliability. The simple plug-and-play CNHDMCSFP is DIN-rail or panel-mountable, and is ideal for mission-critical applications where very high levels of reliability and network availability are of the utmost importance.
Type M12 data and power connectors are optionally available for railway applications, as well as ST or SC fixed optics.
- Full duplex transmission of 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet: (1) 10/100/1000BASE-TX port and (1) 100BASE-FX or 1000BASE-FX optical port
- Exceeds the requirements of IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613 Class 2 for electrical utility substations, EN50155 for railway applications, and NEMA TS-1/TS-2 for traffic signal control equipment
- Meets EN60950-1 and Class 1, Division 2 (groups A, B, C, & D) for use in hazardous locations
- Extended ambient operating temperature range of -40º to +85º C, for use in virtually any environment. Optional conformal coating available for humidity with condensation or airborne particulate matter environments
- Uses customer-installed ComNet SFPs for compatibility with a wide range of optical fibers, optical connector types, and optical transmission distances of up to 120 km, or fixed type ST or SC optics
- Link fault pass-through provides a remote indication of a network fault
- 10/100/1000BASE-TX port supports both auto-negotiation and automatic MDI/MDI-X crossover for full and half-duplex operation; manual MDI/MDI-X switching is not required
- 12 to 24 VDC, 48 VDC or HV AC/DC (88 to 300 VDC/85-264 VAC) operating power options
- Internal/self-contained high-reliability power supply eliminates the need for an external power supply, and a screw terminal block connects directly to the power source for permanent, reliable, and maintenance-free operation
- 12 to 24VDC and 48 VDC input power supply versions feature redundant power inputs, for extremely high levels of reliability and availability
- All power supplies CSA/UL 60950 approved for +85°C (+185°F) operation
- No fans or forced-air cooling required; cooling via natural convection eliminates unreliable and troublesome fans/moving parts for improved reliability
- Indicating LEDs confirm operating status of the media converter and the link for ease in troubleshooting
- Summary fault alarm provides a local or remote indication via a dry contact closure in the event of loss of optical link or operating power
- Rugged 19-gauge galvanized & powder-coated steel enclosure may be DIN-rail or panel-mounted
- Made in the USA
- Lifetime Warranty