The CM89-EZ is a value-priced 8” coaxial speaker designed for installation in high ceilings. This long-throw, high sensitivity speaker includes an 8” woofer and a 1” titanium dome tweeter mounted in a specially designed 75° horn. Inputs are made via a ceramic terminal strip; a 64 watt transformer is included with a six position tap switch. With SPL of 112 dB (1m) and sensitivity of 93 dB (1w/1m) the CM89-EZ is well suited for installations requiring high output from an in-ceiling speaker. The speaker is enclosed in a drawn steel backcan with ABS baffle and is ported for superior bass response.
Mounting hardware is included and features a constant-tension fixed-wing mounting system with a 21-gauge “full-metal” steel tile bridge ensuring rapid and secure installation in any sheetrock or drop-tile application. For easy ordering, stocking and installation, this series includes a color-coded (green) tile bridge and optional pre-construction bracket, as well as a six-position tap switch for 25-, 70.7- and 100-volt applications with a trans?former bypass position.
- One 8.0 inch (203 mm) Treated paper cone, treated cloth surround woofer and one 1.0 inch (25 mm) titanium dome tweeter with 75° horn.
- Easy-access six-position tap switch for 25/70.7/100-volt and transformer bypass settings allows for easy ordering, stocking and installation.
- Ceramic input terminal accepts up to 10 gauge plenum rated signal wire and includes thermal fuse. Suitable for use in voice alarm applications subject to EU regulations EN60849 and BS5839-8.
- Incorporates a painted steel grille for lasting durability.
- Adaptable to material thicknesses ranging from 0.035 inch (0.9 mm) to 1.6 inch (40.6 mm).
- UL 1480 and 2043 listed.
- High-quality black or white painted finish. Custom colors available.
- Included accessories: Tile bridge, UL listed 0.5-inch conduit clamp, paint shield.
- Optional accessories: Color-coded (green) pre-construction bracket (AC-CM6-8EZ?PCB).