C2-7260 Dual Channel 17-Input Video Processor moves well beyond video processing, switching and HD-SDI Up, Down and Cross Conversion by providing many additional features. Two independent video processing and scaling engines and two video mixers provide maximum flexibility in handling SD-SDI, HD-SDI, Composite Video, YC (S-Video), YUV Component, YPbPr Component, DVI and RGB. At home in both broadcast and presentation environments, the C2-7260 is multiple products in one.
Three operating modes simplify control:
Switcher Mode – Equally powerful Program and Preview channels allow any function (Next Image, PIP, Keying, Logo, etc.) to be set up and previewed, totally independent of the Program output. Transition from Preview to Program is by Cut, Dissolve or Special Effect.
Independent Mode - Provides all the power of two completely independent scalers in one box, each with a full range of features, including PIP, Keying, etc. Each output can deliver different formats and resolutions simultaneously. For example, a presentation being fed to a high resolution display on Output 1 via DVI can be fed to a VCR for recording on Output 2 via Composite Video. Two projectors may be edge blended from one unit.
Dual PIP Mode - Any video input can be squeezed and placed into either of two windows of any size and positioned anywhere on the screen, even overlapping, with user defined layer priority control. The windows can be placed over any other video input as the background. The window's image can then be seamlessly switched, faded or zoomed. Keying can be independently applied to each window.
Powerful Features - The 4:4:4 sampling provides full bandwidth color which allows precise keying, including Transparent (Soft) Keys. The 17 video inputs can accommodate signals (either analog or digital, video or computer) in a variety of formats and resolutions. It handles most HDTV and RGB resolutions and formats and new resolutions can be easily added. Each of the two independent outputs delivers a wide range of digital and analog video signals.
In addition to SD and HD television formats, the C2-7260 output signal format flexibility assures that the Native Resolution of most digital displays can be matched. Using the software based resolution calculator, new or unusual resolutions can be instantly added to the menu. Signal parameter adjustments can be made for each video input and are stored in individual non-volatile memories. Integral Test Signals are user defined. A logo memory is provided, so the unit can easily be used as a Logo Inserter. Motion compensation, diagonal interpolation and a 3:2 Pulldown feature for NTSC greatly improve the image quality. Pixel Level Motion Adaptive Diagonal Interpolation insures high quality de-interlacing of PAL and NTSC signals
Setup and Control - is extremely flexible. Local control is provided by the 48-button CORIO EXP Front Panel designed expressly for handling live events. These buttons plus the multi-way navigation control and integrated LCD bring all the control needed for quick and easy access right to the front panel. Remote control via RS-232 or Ethernet (IP) is standard. Macros are provided to facilitate complex command sequences. The Windows Control Panel affords complete control of the unit. The CC-300 CORIOconsole option takes control to the next level by providing the C2-7000 series with the operational feel of a traditional Video Production Switcher. Two rows of 14 buttons, a fader bar, joystick and an integrated LCD touch screen provide access to the powerful C2-7000 series functions with a minimum of keystrokes. Event control directly from the CC-300 is available by the integral interface to Calypso control systems. Virtually any third party device is controllable
Image Layer Processing within the C2-7000 series utilizes a multiple layer video display system whose stacking order can be altered as desired by the user. Using the dual PIP as an example, the layers consist of:
- 1 or 2 image windows (A & B) that can be resized and positioned as desired
- a lock source (the Z layer) which can be an active video or still image background
- 1 or 2 logo images (a & b)
- a color background
Should the user wish, the layers can be re-ordered (example: B in front of A) and the individual layers can also be made opaque, semi-opaque or transparent. Windows A & B can be positioned anywhere on the screen and used as either key sources or key background images. Logos a & b can also be positioned anywhere on the raster and have their appearance set to opaque normal keying or to semi-transparent for channel branding. When keying, the Z Layer may be moved from the background to the foreground.
Edge Blending is a standard feature of the C2-7000 series. Because of the ability to ‘feather' any or all of the edges, multiple images can be aligned vertically, horizontally, or both to create unusual displays. Since it is dual channel, only one unit is required to blend two edges. Using multiple C2 units, a large number of images can be blended. Edge Blending is not limited to high resolution RGB computer images, but can be applied to any input. Gamma correction is employed to compensate for many of the problems faced when blending between projectors. Special preparation of the video in advance is not necessary, since all processing is done within the unit.
Multiple Products in One
- Up, Down, Cross Conversion
- Dual Independent Scaling Engines
- 4:4:4 Sampling for full bandwidth color
- 9 Multi-format Inputs: 3x CV, 3x YC, 3x DVI-I (RGB,YUV & YPbPr)
- 2 Independent Output Channels, each with: Composite Video, YC (S-Video), DVI-I (RGB, YUV & YPbPr)
- Analog RGB to 2048x2048, HD to 1080p
- DVI to 1280x1024/60, HD to 1080p/30
- Genlock any Video Input to any other
- Seamless Switching with Cuts, Fades or Effects
- Pixel Level Motion Adaptive Diagonal Interpolation
- Unrestricted Dual PIP - Any Input over any other
- Multiple Layering and Windowing Capability
- Flexible Key Layering - Background Lock Source can be moved to the Foreground
- RS-232 & IP Interfaces & Windows Control Panel
- External Control by Third Party Control Systems
- External Hardware Control by Optional CC-300
- CORIO2® Technology Conversion Engines
- Zoom up to 1000% with full Positioning
- Image Shrink to 10% with full Positioning
- Multiple Conversion & Scaling products in one
- 9-Input Multi-format Seamless Switcher
- 2x HDTV to HDTV Cross Converters
- 2x PC to HDTV Cross Converters
- 2x Video to PC/HDTV Up Converters
- 2x PC/HDTV to Video Down Converters
- 2x Video Transcoders
- 2x Universal Video Scalers
- 2x Single Window PIP Devices
- 1x Dual Window PIP Device
- 2x Worldwide TV Standards Converters
- 2x Logo Inserters
- 2x Frame Synchronizer/Timebase Correctors
- 2x Aspect Ratio Converters
- 2x Chroma/Lumakeyers