OmniStream Single-Channel Networked AV Decoder
The Atlona OmniStream™ 121 (AT-OMNI-121) is a networked AV decoder for an OmniStream-encoded video stream up to 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling, as well as embedded audio and RS-232 control. OmniStream is designed for distributing AV over Gigabit Ethernet in enterprises and other large-scale installations. The OmniStream 121 features SMPTE VC-2 visually lossless compression with extremely low, sub-frame latency, as well as AES-128 encryption and SMPTE 2042 forward error correction. For professional AV integration, it includes an HDMI output, 4K/UHD scaling with 4:4:4 processing, aspect ratio control, multi-channel PCM audio downmixing, audio embedding and de-embedding, and more. This decoder is housed in a half rack width enclosure. The OmniStream 121 can conveniently be powered over the network through Power over Ethernet (PoE), as well as from local AC power.
OmniStream was engineered from the ground up at Atlona to deliver the performance and dependability of traditional AV distribution, with the virtually unlimited scalability and cost efficiency of integrating over data networks. It addresses the many challenges AV and IT integrators encounter with implementing networked AV systems, while delivering immediate and long-term ROI to end users in enterprises and other organizations.
Designed for Pro AV Integration
The OmniStream 121 includes several features for optimizing integration and enhancing professional AV presentations. EDID and HDCP management features ensure reliable, consistent system operation and compatibility with displays and other destination devices. The integrated 4K/UHD scaler can be automatically set to the preferred resolution specified in a display’s EDID. Aspect ratio controls are available to specify the presentation viewing format as desired by the end user. Additionally, OmniStream offers the option to overlay a logo image (PNG with transparent background) onto an AV presentation for corporate or institutional branding. A full-screen image can also be displayed, as a backup in an event of an interruption in an AV stream, or to display information between presentations.
For audio integration, the OmniStream 121 can receive a stereo or multi-channel audio stream over the network. Multi-channel downmixing is available for 5.1 or 7.1-channel PCM audio. Audio can be embedded onto the HDMI output, and also delivered through the two-channel analog audio output. Additionally, the OmniStream 121 includes an analog two-channel input for embedding audio onto the HDMI output. The audio input and output can be used for integration into a Dante audio system through the OmniStream 232 networked audio interface.
The OmniStream 121 is ideal for use in:
- Enterprises and other large organizations
- Corporate and university campuses with the need to distribute AV between buildings
- Applications in which any AV content or resource can be shared anywhere in the system
The OmniStream 121 is compatible with the OmniStream 111 and OmniStream 112 encoders.
Configured and Managed by AMS
OmniStream is configured, controlled, and managed using the Atlona Management System (AMS), a powerful network software platform for IP-controllable Atlona products. AMS is essential for accessing all capabilities of the OmniStream encoders and decoders, including AV and control routing between sources and destinations, configuring OmniStream dual-channel encoders and decoders for independent or redundant streams, monitoring the status of OmniStream endpoint devices, powering displays on or off through automatic display control, and more. AMS is also used for Dante network configuration with the OmniStream 232 networked audio interface.
Atlona AVoIP Certification
Atlona is pleased to offer free online education courses and Atlona AVoIP Certification at atlonaacademy.com/omnistream. This is a great opportunity to learn about networked AV systems, the OmniStream product family, and the essential principles of data networking. These courses are industry certified and accredited by InfoComm.
With Atlona AVoIP Certification, you’ll have the credibility, knowledge, and confidence to inform your customers on the ideal networked AV system solutions for their requirements, and deliver quality sales and technical support whenever necessary.
Being certified by Atlona gives you priority and key advantages in selling and supporting OmniStream systems. For more information, please contact your Atlona sales representative.
AV decoder for HDMI up to 4K/UHD, plus embedded audio and RS-232 control
- Receives video, audio, and control from OmniStream AV encoders, together or streamed from separate network locations
- Allows wide-ranging versatility for integrators to design systems to specific AV and control scenarios
4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling
- Compatible with displays and other destination devices up to 4K/UHD 30 Hz at 4:4:4 or 60 Hz at 4:2:0
- Supports high resolution applications such as CAD, 3D visualization, desktop publishing, and detailed financial reporting
SMPTE VC-2 visually lossless video compression
- Broadcast-quality, light video compression with absolutely minimal, sub-frame latency from encode to decode
- Ensures pristine-quality video and graphics presentations, and is ideal for applications requiring interactivity
Network error resilience with FEC (forward error correction)
- Compensates for the possibility of AV packet losses in large systems spanning several networks
- Enables consistent, reliable performance in enterprise-wide networked AV implementations
Secure content distribution with AES-128 encryption
- Any AV presentation content can be secured by scrambling IP streams
- Ideal for government, military, and enterprise applications, as well as meeting IT security requirements
4K/UHD scaling with 4:4:4 video processing
- High performance upscaling and downscaling while preserving visual detail – especially computer-generated imagery
- Optimizes compatibility between destination devices with a variety of resolutions, such as a mix of 4K and 1080p displays
Audio embedding and de-embedding plus multi-channel audio downmixing
- Integrate with a Dante-equipped DSP via an OmniStream 232, or with a local audio source or sound reinforcement
- Multi-channel PCM audio can be downmixed to two channels
- Simplifies system designs and avoids the need for additional audio signal processing and interfacing devices
Local or PoE (Power over Ethernet) powering
- With PoE, decoders can conveniently be powered over the network from a PoE-equipped network switch
- PoE simplifies integration without the need for local AC power, and allows centralized power monitoring and management
- Optional external power supply available
- Manages EDID communications between decoder and display
- EDID captured from a display can be assigned to a source at an OmniStream encoder
- Scaler output can be automatically set to the preferred resolution in a display’s EDID
- OmniStream systems are HDCP 1.4 compliant from encoders to decoders
- HDCP compliance can be disengaged through AMS (Atlona Management System)
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays and teleconference systems; protected content is not transmitted
Aspect ratio control
- The aspect ratio of the video can be adjusted to a desired presentation viewing format
- Several aspect ratio options available including full-screen (fills the display), 16:9, 16:10, 4:3, and follow (keep original aspect ratio)
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Receives audio streams as PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, DTS Digital Surround™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™
Enhance AV presentations with visual enhancements
- Provide corporate or institutional branding by overlaying a logo (PNG with a transparent background)
- Display a full-screen image as a backup in an event of an interruption in an AV stream, or between presentations
- Identify and label presentation content with static or scrolling text
Automatic display control
- Enables display and volume control through AMS. Automatically changes the power state of a display, based on active or standby mode of the decoder. Control signals transmitted via CEC or RS-232.
- Eliminates the need for a complex control system. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays.
Configured and managed by AMS
- AMS is the essential software tool for accessing all capabilities of OmniStream, including AV and control signal routing, system monitoring with instant alerts, and more
- Integrates OmniStream device configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence