OmniStream Single-Channel Networked AV Encoder
The Atlona OmniStream™ 111 (AT-OMNI-111) is a networked AV encoder for one HDMI source up to 4K/UHD @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling, plus embedded audio and RS-232 control. OmniStream is designed for distributing AV over Gigabit Ethernet in enterprises and other large-scale installations. The OmniStream 111 features SMPTE VC-2 visually lossless compression for critical-quality video applications, with extremely low, sub-frame latency from encode to decode. It also includes selectable AES-128 encryption, and SMPTE 2042 forward error correction for robust AV distribution spanning multiple networks. This encoder is housed in a half-rack width enclosure. The OmniStream 111 can conveniently be powered over the network through Power over Ethernet (PoE), as well as from local AC power.
OmniStream was engineered from the ground up at Atlona to deliver the performance and dependability of traditional AV distribution, with the virtually unlimited scalability and cost efficiency of integrating over data networks. It addresses the many challenges AV and IT integrators encounter with implementing networked AV systems, while delivering immediate and long-term ROI to end users in enterprises and other organizations.
Designed for Pro AV Integration
The OmniStream 111 includes several features for optimizing integration and enhancing professional AV presentations. EDID and HDCP management features ensure reliable, consistent system operation and compatibility with source devices. EDID management includes the option to assign an EDID captured from a display at an OmniStream AV decoder. Aspect ratio controls are available to specify the presentation viewing format as desired by the end user. Additionally, OmniStream offers the option to overlay a logo image (PNG with transparent background) onto an AV presentation for corporate or institutional branding. A full-screen image can also be displayed, as a backup in an event of an interruption in an AV stream, or to display information between presentations.
The OmniStream 111 is ideal for use in:
- Enterprises and other large organizations
- Corporate and university campuses with the need to distribute AV between buildings
- Applications in which any AV content or resource can be shared anywhere in the system
The OmniStream 111 is compatible with the OmniStream 121 and OmniStream 122 decoders.
Configured and Managed by AMS
OmniStream is configured, controlled, and managed using the Atlona Management System (AMS), a powerful network software platform for IP-controllable Atlona products. AMS is essential for accessing all capabilities of the OmniStream encoders and decoders, including AV and control routing between sources and destinations, configuring OmniStream dual-channel encoders and decoders for independent or redundant streams, monitoring the status of OmniStream endpoint devices, powering displays on or off through automatic display control, and more. AMS is also used for Dante™ network configuration with the OmniStream 232 networked audio interface.
Atlona AVoIP Certification
Atlona is pleased to offer free online education courses and Atlona AVoIP Certification at atlonaacademy.com/omnistream. This is a great opportunity to learn about networked AV systems, the OmniStream product family, and the essential principles of data networking. These courses are industry certified and accredited by InfoComm.
With Atlona AVoIP Certification, you’ll have the credibility, knowledge, and confidence to inform your customers on the ideal networked AV system solutions for their requirements, and deliver quality sales and technical support whenever necessary.
Being certified by Atlona gives you priority and key advantages in selling and supporting OmniStream systems. For more information, please contact your Atlona sales representative.
AV encoder for HDMI up to 4K/UHD, plus embedded audio and RS-232 control
- Streams video, audio, and control, with the flexibility of transmitting them together or to separate network destinations
- Allows wide-ranging versatility for integrators to design systems to specific AV and control scenarios
4K/UHD capability @ 60 Hz with 4:2:0 chroma subsampling
- Compatible with HDMI sources up to 4K/UHD 30 Hz at 4:4:4 or 60 Hz at 4:2:0
- Supports high resolution applications such as CAD, 3D visualization, desktop publishing, and detailed financial reporting
SMPTE VC-2 visually lossless video compression
- Broadcast-quality, light video compression with absolutely minimal, sub-frame latency from encode to decode
- Ensures pristine-quality video and graphics presentations, and is ideal for applications requiring interactivity
Network error resilience with FEC (forward error correction)
- Compensates for the possibility of AV packet losses in large systems spanning several networks
- Enables consistent, reliable performance in enterprise-wide networked AV implementations
Secure content distribution with AES-128 encryption
- Any AV presentation content can be secured by scrambling IP streams
- Ideal for government, military, and enterprise applications, as well as meeting IT security requirements
Local or PoE (Power over Ethernet) powering
- With PoE, encoders can conveniently be powered over the network from a PoE-equipped network switch
- PoE simplifies integration without the need for local AC power, and allows centralized power monitoring and management
- Optional external power supply available
- Manages EDID communications between source and encoder; allows integrators to force a source to a preferred resolution
- Ensures desired audio formats and video resolutions are provided to the AV system
- EDID can be assigned from a display connected to an OmniStream decoder
- OmniStream systems are HDCP 1.4 compliant from encoders to decoders
- HDCP compliance can be disengaged through AMS (Atlona Management System)
- Allows non-protected material from PCs to pass to non-compliant displays and teleconference systems; protected content is not transmitted
Multi-channel audio compliant
- Streams PCM, Dolby® Digital, Dolby Digital Plus™, Dolby TrueHD, DTS Digital Surround™, and DTS-HD Master Audio™
Enhance AV presentations with visual enhancements
- Provide corporate or institutional branding by overlaying a logo (PNG with a transparent background)
- Display a full-screen image as a backup in an event of an interruption in an AV stream, or between presentations
- Identify and label presentation content with static or scrolling text
Automatic display control
- Enables display and volume control through AMS. Control signals transmitted via CEC or RS-232.
- Eliminates the need for a complex control system. CEC enables control of low-cost consumer displays.
Configured and managed by AMS
- AMS is the essential software tool for accessing all capabilities of OmniStream, including AV and control signal routing, system monitoring with instant alerts, and more
- Integrates OmniStream device configuration, management, and updates to reduce installation time and enable remote support
Award-winning 10 year limited product warranty
- Ensures long-term product reliability and performance in residential and commercial systems
- Specify, purchase, and install with confidence