This listing is for 9223-SA-D-HD-I Encoder only. Use description below as a general reference.
The 9223-SA provides a compact form-factor standalone unit for distribution of MPEG-4 encoding. Utilizing the openGear® open-architecture control/monitoring platform, the 9223-SA can be remotely controlled and monitored with the free, easy-to-use DashBoard™ setup and control operator interface. (When connected to your network, the 9223-SA appears in DashBoard just like any other device.) The 9223-SA includes dual redundant 10/100/1000 Mb/s Ethernet ports for control.
The 9223-SA offers the latest advances in video compression that delivers excellent video quality at very low bit rates. Unique encoding designs allow delivery of multiple HD and SD video services simultaneously. In addition to SD/HD-SDI/3G-SDI inputs, the 9223-SA provides the flexibility of supporting SD analog composite video and one pair of analog stereo audio per channel (using MPEG-1 Layer II audio encoding as standard). The 9223-SA features two ASI outputs, as well as two simultaneous transport Ethernet outputs, supporting full-duplex 100 Mb/s and 1 Gb/s operation. Input video auto-detect mode allows encoding to automatically configure an output that correspond to the input, with resolution and frame rate same as input, and scaling set to same as input or other applicable choices.
When using the Ethernet output, the 9223-SA supports the traditional UDP/RTP/SPMTE 2022 FEC protocols, as well as the HTTP Live Streaming protocol for transmitting live video over the Internet. Using HTTP Live Streaming, the 9223 can transmit broadcast-quality video to mobile phones (Apple and Android 4.0 supported), tablets, and a variety of consumer set-top boxes (such as the Amino A140 and the Roku Player).
RTMP support allows direct publishing of real-time, live content to Adobe® Media Servers or any other servers, web sites and CDNs with RTMP ingress, such as Justin.tv, UStream, LiveStream and Akamai.
Publish professional-quality real-time SD/HD content to Internet viewers (including some critical features not available in PC-based software encoders) such as ancillary data support (closed-captioning, AFD) and SD-SDI/HD-SDI video inputs with embedded audio support – all in broadcast-grade video quality.
Full user remote monitor/control allows full device status and control access across a standard Ethernet network.
- Compact self-contained form with built-in AC power supply
- Input video auto-detect mode automatically configures output to correspond to input frame rate and scaling
- DVB-ASI and Ethernet outputs
- Full support of CEA-608 and CEA-708 closed captioning and PMT information
- License-based options allow tailoring functionality as needed, with upgrades available if later desired
- Built-in video/audio ADC and embedder allows direct use with SD composite video and audio analog sources
- Optional support for additional audio pairs per encoded output
- Built-in Packet Test Generators allow pre-validation of transport
- HTTP Live Streaming protocol allows viewing by Apple® and Android™ 3.0 (or higher) devices
- Multiple pre-defined control templates provide automatic setup of popular contribution-to-distribution schemes
- Ethernet remote control/monitoring via free DashBoard™ software
- RTMP support for publishing to Adobe® Media Server, availing SDI content to Internet viewers
- Five year warranty
9223-SA-D-HD-I Dual-Channel 3G/HD/SD MPEG-4 Encoder Unit with H.264 SD/HD up to 1080i