This listing is for 804 Generator only. Use description below as a general reference.
The rack mountable model 804 and 804A video test generators are optimized for testing modern HDMI flat panel TVs. The 804 video test generator supports testing of HDMI resolutions operating up to 225MHz. The 804A video test generator supports testing of HDMI 4K x 2K resolutions up to pixel rates of 300MHz. This enables testing ultra HD TVs with 4K resolutions at 30Hz and at 50/60Hz using HDMI 2.0 4:2:0 pixel encoding. The 804A also supports testing with HDMI 2.0 21:9 format resolutions at or below 300MHz.
These instruments feature four (4) HDMI outputs—all active simultaneously—for testing HDTVs with multiple HDMI inputs. This eliminates the need for splitters often required for testing each HDMI input on an HDTV. The 804 and the 804A can output component analog and composite analog video as well as HDMI. Switching between video timings and images is fast. The 804 and 804A are equipped with all the standard video timings and test patterns—including support for 3D—necessary for testing HDTVs including tests for HDMI protocols such as HDCP, EDID and CEC.
The 804 and 804A tests compressed and uncompressed HDMI audio formats using a variety of audio test signals. An HDTV's analog audio inputs can also be tested using the 804's programmable analog audio outputs.
Manufacturing engineers can choose to operate either 804 series instrument in a few different ways. The instrument can be controlled through the user friendly touch screen interface which also provides status during testing. For control by an automated test system, the 804 and 804A can be operated through an extensive command set. The 804 series instruments support the same commands that production facilities have become familiar with on the Quantum Data 802 and 881 series test instruments. Alternatively, an optional programmable keypad can be attached to the USB Port or RS-232 port for keypad control.
The 804 and 804A provide the necessary features and functions for testing HDTVs on a production and are offered an attractive price. Contact your Quantum Data distributor or representative for ordering and pricing information.
- (804)Four (4) HDMI outputs - active simultaneously.
Maximum pixel clock: 165MHz, e.g. 1080p at 60Hz with 24 bit color.
Maximum TMDS clock: 225MHz (2.25Gb/s per channel), e.g. 1080p at 60Hz
with 36-bit/pixel deep color.
- (804A)Four (4) HDMI outputs - active simultaneously.
Maximum pixel/TMDS clock with 24 bit color: 300MHz, e.g. 4K x 2K ultra high definition formats at 30Hz or at 50/60Hz with HDMI 2.0 4:2:0 pixel encoding.
Maximum TMDS clock with 36 bit deep color: 225MHz (2.25Gb/s per channel).
- Composite analog video outputs. Test SDTV inputs for NTSC and PAL formats from composite and S-video outputs.
- Component and RGB analog video outputs (VGA - HD15 connector). Test analog video inputs on SDTVs, HDTVs as well as PC monitors up to 80MHz (max speed). Resolutions higher than 80MHz supported through pixel doubling.
- Component analog video outputs (BNC connector). Test analog video inputs on SDTVs and HDTVs up to 80MHz (max speed). Resolutions higher than 80MHz supported through pixel doubling.
- Standard video timings and patterns. Supports standard video timings and test patterns including 21:9 aspect ratio video timings at or below 300MHz (804A only).
- China Res Test Pattern Package (optional) - The ChinaRes test pattern is specified by the National Testing and Inspection Center for Radio and TV Products of China. The image pack includes both a standard definition aspect ratio (shown right) and a high definition aspect ratio. This test pattern package supports 1920x1080, 1280x720, 720x576 and 720x480 resolutions.
- THX Test Pattern Package (optional) - The THX test pattern option includes bitmap test images for calibrating the luminance and chrominance of high end 3D-capable HDTVs.
- HDMI and analog audio outputs. Support HDMI compressed and uncompressed audio formats.
- Programmable. Various patterns with programmable amplitude, sampling rate and bit depths.
- Serial command line interface. RS-232 interface for command line control or for automated test system.
- Rack mount kit. Hardware enabling the 804/804A to be installed in a standard 19” relay rack. Occupies two rack units.
- Color touch display. Configure the 804/804A through the touch interface. Monitor the status of the test on the color display.
- USB Host option for keypad. Attach a keypad to USB interface for simplified testing.
- 804 Multimedia Test Instrument
- Line cord
- Quickstart Manual
- Certificate of Calibration/Test & Conformity