USB Rover products operate over standard solid core Cat 5e UTP cable (the same wiring used in Ethernet). The USB Rover® 2850 uses technology ideal for extending USB peripherals without the need for additional software for either the computer or the target devices.
The USB Rover 2850 product is composed of two separate units: the Local Extender (LEX) and the Remote Extender (REX). Conventional USB cables are used to connect the LEX unit to the host computer, and the remote USB device to the REX unit. Cat 5e UTP cabling is used to connect the LEX and REX units over a distance of up to 85m (279 ft).
Icron’s USB Rover 2850 extension system is a 2-port extender, ideal for use with USB peripherals such as keyboards, mice, interactive white boards (including SMART Boards and Promethean ActivBoards), and game controllers without the need for external power adapters.
- Reliable operation with all USB 1.1 and 2.0 devices including hubs
- Works with all SMART Boards and Promethean ActivBoards
- Supports both Full-Speed (12 Mbps) and Low-Speed (1.5 Mbps) throughputs
- Supplies up to 400mA* to USB devices
- Industrial rated ESD/EFT immunity
- FCC/CE Class B emissions
- 3-year warranty
- ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®