The 16x8 RGBHV Matrix Switcher from Sierra Video is a high-bandwidth routing switcher for RGBHV, RGB/YUV, S-Video (Y/C), and composite signals. This is a 16-input, 8-output unit with a 5-channel design (3 video channels, 2 sync channels) that operates at 450 MHz. It supports Matrix Mapping Universal Breakaway Switching that provides independent switching of every level of every R, G, B, H, and V input on the routing switcher. You can switch a single level or any combination of levels. For example, you can input a composite video signal on the R level of input one and an S-Video (Y/C) signal on the G and B levels of input one, then switch only the composite video signal on the R level, only the S-Video Y and C signals on the G and B levels, or switch all three levels together.
With Room Grouping capability, several inputs may be grouped and operated independently of other input groups on the routing switchers. This allows one routing switcher to be used for multiple rooms where the control system for each room will address only the inputs and outputs assigned to that room. Thanks to Video Follow Sync switching, the H and V channels of an RGBHV signal are switched in advance of the RGB video channels of the signal. This helps the switcher to provide clean, glitch-free switching between most non-synchronous sources.
Qwik Adjust Knob Rotary Control interface consists of a user-intuitive knob along with the 80-character LCD display. This provides quick and convenient setup, adjustment, and signal switching. The switcher comes in a 6RU frame and can route any or all inputs to any or all outputs.
- High bandwidth (450 MHz) and low crosstalk
- With Video Mute capability, the switcher switches to no source for blank display
- The routing switcher can capture and report the input sync rates for each input signal
- The reported rates can be read using Sierra Video's TyLinx Pro Router Control software or the Host port protocol
- Input detection function helps the switcher to reshape and re-square the sync to return the output to the correct TTL level
- Selectable termination for each input
- Looping external sync input for vertical interval switching
- Local front-panel control with 80-character LCD readout
- Supports RS-232, RS-485, RS-422, and Ethernet
- Optional remote control panels via RS-485
- Supports TCP/IP protocol
- Can be controlled via Web browser
- UL & CE approvals